Overheating

BlackHoleSlam

Reaction score
Why does the Droid heat up so easily I play around for a while and my battery gets a little low but my big concern is hot my Droid can get not trying to offend anyone but my iPhone never heated like this its just 1 second its cool next its hot how can we control the temperature

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

kenbiz

Reaction score
I'm having this issue with my incredible!!! Temp gets to 120 just from watching vids n the net.. gotta go back to Verizon over this since I couldn't replicate it when I went there.. its the only problem I've had ...

kenbiz

Reaction score
Nope.. stock. Bs that I gotta take the battery out n put it by the ac all the time...lol. but could just be my phone. Gotta deal with customer service..

BigZig

Reaction score
How long are you using it before it gets to 120? Is the temp lower then 70 before you start? And you should not have to worry about battery temp till you get closer to 130.

BigZig

Reaction score
yes setcpu is good for cpu temps but you can get battery temps from many battery wigets w/o root

OP
BlackHoleSlam

BlackHoleSlam

Reaction score
okay since i missed all the fun conversation i am rooted running liquid custom kernal and i am overclocked but i was having heating issues before i overclocked and i can't take it to verizon because i bought it from a guy off craigslist anyone know why the droid heats up so much

kenbiz

Reaction score
How long are you using it before it gets to 120? Is the temp lower then 70 before you start? And you should not have to worry about battery temp till you get closer to 130.

Temps about 80 to 85.. then with in 3 or so hours gets up to 120. Shuts of from time to time.

BigZig

Reaction score
^ yea that's about normal except for the shuting down thing. That might be a hardware issue like a loose soder point or something like that. Nothing you can do but get warranty replacement. Like I said you don't have to worry about battery temp till 130. Call CS they should send you a CLNR Droid if you tell that your phone is randomly shutting down

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
Yea mine gets pretty warm when I put it n my car dock but cools down after a few min when taken off

Using TapTalk Damnit