1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Does the DX support Wireless N 5 GHz?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by avanpelt, Jul 14, 2010.

1. avanpelt

avanpelt New Member

I'll be ordering the DX in several hours when it is launched on Verizon's website. I currently have the iPhone 4, but will be returning it. The iPhone 4 only supports wireless N in the 2.4 GHz range. I was wondering if anyone here knows if the DX supports wireless N in the 5 GHz range or if it is also limited to N in the 2.4 GHz spectrum only?
  2. JhankG

JhankG New Member

2.4 ghz band only.
  3. Shmooze

Shmooze New Member

Im assuming you dont have a dual band router?!
  4. avanpelt

avanpelt New Member

I've got a dual band router that's running two separate wireless networks -- a 2.4 GHz network for b and g devices and a 5 GHz network for the handful of n devices I have that can run on 5 GHz. I was just wondering if, by chance, the DX would be able to run on my 5 GHz network; but it looks like it'll be running on my 2.4 GHz network.
  5. xeene

xeene Well-Known Member

never mind :)
  6. dwagner88

dwagner88 New Member

Are you certain that the 2.4 ghz network isn't at n speeds? I have a similar setup, and both networks will run at n band speeds with devices that support it. The 5 ghz network is meant to be slightly faster due to less interference at that slice of spectrum. It usually isn't noticeably faster because the 5 ghz signal doesn't travel through walls as well, so the speed increase is only realized when there are not any walls between you and your router. But you might have a better router than me.
  7. wingdo

wingdo New Member

I have the same setup as avanpelt. The problem with running N on the 2.4GHz band is that as soon as a G device connects up (say a wifi printer or such) the wireless speed drops to G speeds, basically making the N device a G device.
Search tags for this page
can droid x receive wireless n?

does droid x support wireless n

does droid x2 have 5 ghz
does the droid x support 5ghz
droid x wifi 5ghz
droid x wireless signal 5 ghz
droid x2 2.4 or 5ghz wifi
droid x2 2.4 or 5ghz?
droid x2 will not connect to 5ghz n

droid x2 wireless n 5ghz

should droid phone be on 5ghz or 2.4ghz on wireless router