Does the Droid Maxx have. provisions for a SIM card?

Livin PA

Reaction score
I will be upgrading from the Droid Bionic to the Droid Maxx soon and I just wanted to make sure the Maxx offers provisions for the same SIM card as my Bionic? I know the Droid Maxx doesn't have a SD card so I am wondering if it even has a SIM card and if it offers a SIM card is it the same kind as my Bionic? I don't follow SIM card development closely but I know they're shrinking them in certain cases. I am just skiddish right now about the whole thing because I am trying to keep my unlimited data while getting an upgrade. I am going to use the upgrade on another line with a dumb phone and activate it on my line with unlimited data. According to an operator I talked to they will do this to me in store but I want to eliminate all headaches/disappointments before hand. Thanks.

Einsteindks

Reaction score
Um, I do know the Maxx uses a new, smaller sized SIM. It's likely that they are the start of a new generation.

fat-fingered and Maxx-ed out.

doogald

Reaction score
It will come with a nano SIM card. It can't use the SIM card from the Bionic; in order to activate on VZW, it requires a nano SIM from Verizon with NFC secure element.

OP
L

Livin PA

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I guess they will have to give me a new SIM card like the last time. Hopefully that won't be a problem with my unlimited data but it seems like some people were able to transfer their unlimited data plan without issues.

wtabke

Reaction score
I have unlimited data and there were no issues going to the MAXX.

If I recall correctly, out of the box it already had a new SIM installed.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
If you buy new it will have sim card included. If you buy used you will have to get one from Verizon store.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Wow, we have some awesome members here. They jump right in and give great advice. You guys and gals make me so proud!! :happy3:

OP
L

Livin PA

Reaction score
I have unlimited data and there were no issues going to the MAXX.

If I recall correctly, out of the box it already had a new SIM installed.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Oh great, thanks for letting me know. :)

If you buy new it will have sim card included. If you buy used you will have to get one from Verizon store.

Awesome. :)