Unlock Droid Maxx

famv77

Reaction score
hello
i have one Droid Maxx i try to put Non Accepted Sim card for imei unlock,and power on, but my phone dont ask for "Sim network Unlock Pin".
why?

doogald

Reaction score
hello
i have one Droid Maxx i try to put Non Accepted Sim card for imei unlock,and power on, but my phone dont ask for "Sim network Unlock Pin".
why?

The Droid Maxx is not sim locked. There is nothing to unlock.

OP
F

famv77

Reaction score
Hello doogald thanx for your info, if the Droid Maxx is not sim locked , then what i have to do to use my droid Maxx with other companies in my country?
waitting any info thanx

OP
F

famv77

Reaction score
The Droid Maxx is not sim locked. There is nothing to unlock.

Hello doogald thanx for your info, if the Droid Maxx is not sim locked , then what i have to do to use my droid Maxx with other companies in my country?
waitting any info thanx

doogald

Reaction score
I'm not sure. You'll have to check with them. All I know is that the Droid Maxx, like all Verizon LTE phones with GSM radios, is not SIM-locked. Maybe go into settings->more->mobile networks and change network mode to GSM/UMTS?

Bratster2

Reaction score
waitting any info thanx

Verizon phones are sim locked for domestic (us) sims.
If you are outside the US they should work though.

doogald

Reaction score
Verizon phones are sim locked for domestic (us) sims.
If you are outside the US they should work though.

Any Verizon LTE phone with GSM radios is not country locked in the US, either. Plenty of people have reported success using the Droid Maxx on AT&T and T-Mobile.

The reason is that a condition of the sale for the spectrum used by Verizon for LTE required that phones sold that supported that spectrum must be SIM unlocked.

Bratster2

Reaction score
Any Verizon LTE phone with GSM radios is not country locked in the US, either. Plenty of people have reported success using the Droid Maxx on AT&T and T-Mobile.

The reason is that a condition of the sale for the spectrum used by Verizon for LTE required that phones sold that supported that spectrum must be SIM unlocked.

Oh, well this is news to me.
My apologies.

When did they start allowing it?
Is it native or do you have to hack it to get it to work?

doogald

Reaction score
Oh, well this is news to me.
My apologies.

When did they start allowing it?
Is it native or do you have to hack it to get it to work?

I don’t know when, but it doesn't have to be hacked. It's unlocked out if the box.

OP
F

famv77

Reaction score
I'm not sure. You'll have to check with them. All I know is that the Droid Maxx, like all Verizon LTE phones with GSM radios, is not SIM-locked. Maybe go into settings->more->mobile networks and change network mode to GSM/UMTS?
Thanx for you info doogald
im in buenos aires argentina, i use one local sim, and i change network mode and work perfectly!! thanx

zephyrdroid

Reaction score
I don’t know when, but it doesn't have to be hacked. It's unlocked out if the box.
Hi...I was trying to buy a motorola droid maxx unlocked one...The verizon wireless representative said droid maxx can be used only with verizon...it cannot be used in other countries as well. Is this correct?

doogald

Reaction score
Hi...I was trying to buy a motorola droid maxx unlocked one...The verizon wireless representative said droid maxx can be used only with verizon...it cannot be used in other countries as well. Is this correct?

No, it's not. It's likely true for LTE data.

However, if I were looking to buy an unlocked device for another network, I would buy one specifically marketed that way. This phone is definitely made specifically to work on Verizon and to allow use on global networks for customers who travel out of the country. But, look around on xda-developers forums about the device (in the Droid Ultra forums) and you'll see plenty of people using this phone outside of the US on other networks.

vakharia

Reaction score

Some phones work and some don't.

I know guys here in India who are able to use the Droid series.
Then there are others (me included) who have phones which do not work.

So, Verizon has locked phones - or perhaps phones have to be first activated on VZ network in US.

My Droid Maxx is a special employee edition and it shows "Sim status: Network locked" when I use some SIM information tool from the playstore.

Heck, GSM/ UTMS setting does not even see any networks.

John1640

Reaction score
Actually doogald droid maxx is Sim locked if you have a droid maxx or ultra the Sim is inside the volume tab what you have to do is put your nail in the bottom middle tab and pull It Out

doogald

Reaction score
Actually doogald droid maxx is Sim locked if you have a droid maxx or ultra the Sim is inside the volume tab what you have to do is put your nail in the bottom middle tab and pull It Out

Yes, that's where the SIM is.

I suppose we should clarify what a phone being "SIM locked" means. To me it means that the phone is locked to SIMs from a particular carrier. In other words, if the Droids were SIM locked, they would only accept Verizon SIMs.

No, the phone is not SIM locked. There are plenty of reports of people who are using the Droid Ultra and Maxx on T-Mobile, AT&T, and in foreign markets. If you put a SIM in and it asks for an unlock code, the phone is locked to a carrier. If it doesn't, then the phone is not carrier locked. Since the Droids are marketed as global phones, we know that they are, by design, not SIM locked.