OP
Allstarj765

Allstarj765

Reaction score
Oh cool, thanks!

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

svickstc

Reaction score
I went and bought a hardcase for my D3 the day I got it in the mail, and the fitment was crappy and really made it hard for me to slide out the keyboard...I tried sanding things down but still seemed to inhibit from sliding naturally...

Ive been rocking my D3 without a case for a few months now...

I wish there were some better options out there

MJ5150

Reaction score
I'll wrap mine in 3M carbon fiber vinyl like I did my D1. That should be fine. I can't seem to find a case that lets the slider slide smoothly and doesn't turn this D3 into a netbook sized device. :D

-Mike

JonDroid3

Reaction score
Droid 3 Cases - Save $$ by ordering online

Well actually I have two cases, but the case im using now is a case that I bought while on vacation and its a really durable case, but my other case is a case that I bought from the verizon store

I got 4 Droid 3 cases online (2 each for me and my girlfriend) and paid less than I would have at the Verizon store. My case has survived to drops from 18-24" with no damage to the phone. Of course nothing is going to save your phone from damage if you drop it on it's glass face. I find the cases a bit of a pain, harder to get in and out of pockets than with a naked phone, but the trade-off is worth it for me.

JonDroid3

Reaction score
Droid 3 Cases - Need vents to solve hot phone problem

Smart! I've wondered why there aren't vendors making vented cases. They'd help to solve the hot phone problem, use less plastic and still provide needed protection (just like the vents in bike helmets).

WIDDA

Reaction score
No way I'd go without a case or screen protector for my phone. My daughter & son-in-law both bought new Droids as well and she took the insurance on her phone, he didn't. (No idea why as they're both on the same plan ... ) She bought a case & cover for her screen - again, he didn't. Yep, he dropped his the next day and now it has a scratch across the screen & a small piece of one corner is broken off. He was so angry with himself that she almost gave up on saying "I told you so ..." Almost, but she didn't. I felt so bad for him!
Please keep a cover on your phone, hon. (And I call everyone hon - male, female, hermaphrodite, whomever - so please don't take offense.):biggrin:
Carol

Reaction score
I just got my D3 the other day, wife got one too. Other than the initial charging when they sat pristine in their boxes with the lids open and applying the screen protectors, these Droids did not go ANYWHERE without the cases on and yes I do have 0 deductible insurance too. Motorola is the one brand that makes their docks specifically so people with cases can use them so not having a case is just asking for it IMHO. Anyway we are using the Qmadix cases with holster and they are right up there with the Seidio case my wife had on her OG Droid. Fit is perfect, no movement of the faceplate, quality is top notch, it is rubberized, it leaves plenty of space to get at the number keys without getting in the way of your thumbs and it works in both the OEM Moto Car Dock and OEM Desktop Dock with 0 issues. It even fixes the "hard to plug into desk dock HDMI port" issue as I can literally let the weight of the phone drop itself down onto both prongs every time.

And the biggest reason to use a case on this phone (and this was an issue with my old Epic 4G as well), is that the camera actually comes out a few millimeters past the battery plate so EVERY time you put the phone down you are impacting on that glass with most of the phone's weight onto that small spot. This is a pretty dang heavy phone and I can see it cracking over time or even right away if the user is careless. The Qmadix case recesses the camera a few millimeters and the phone is perfectly flat. This also allows one to make use of the very useful level apps to get tables and bookshelves perfectly shimmed when setting them up in your house...

For those that complain about the thickness... sorry smartphones are big and if you are worried about thickness then definitely don't get a QWERTY. You should also probably wear pants that fit or get a holster or carry the phone in a jacket pocket or something. You want a thick phone, try an Epic in an Seidio ActiveX case or anything in an Otterbox.

DjTecniq

Reaction score
Great thread. Can someone suggest a case for my Droid3. I'd really like one that doesn't cover the slider keyboard i use that often instead of the touchpad. Thank you for any help :)

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Great thread. Can someone suggest a case for my Droid3. I'd really like one that doesn't cover the slider keyboard i use that often instead of the touchpad. Thank you for any help :)

I have the VZW kickstand case, but I've been wanting a Body Glove. Their about $21 or less on eBay, new. So, I recommend the Body Glove.

dsmusicbox

Reaction score
I have a Trident case from Ebay, and I absolutely love it. I have dropped my phone a few times with this case on, and there are hardly any scuff marks. It can be a pain to get off of the phone, but using the credit card trick it is a snap.

ovelayer

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
1. buy phone
2. get insurance
3. buy case

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
I never got insurance on my D3. I had it on my D1, never used it, didn't get it for my D2 because a friend gave it to me, and I didn't get it when I bought my D3 because I never used it on my D1...

Last edited:

tpence2177

Reaction score
Loving the otterbox commuter case for the droid 3. Makes it a little slicker but its just right to me. It feels solid. I also like the droid 3 naked also, but coming from only having tough phones for the last 3 years I feel a lot better about keeping a case on it. If only I could make this thing waterproof like my tough phones lol

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2