Does the battery hold the nfc chip?

mauzydpt

Reaction score
I got an extended battery and also rooted my phone and using AOKP. I am not sure what reason I am not able to use Google wallet. Anyone have any ideas?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
What extended battery did you get?

OP
M

mauzydpt

Reaction score
I had to take my case off to remind myself what the battery was and saw that it says near field communication on it. It is the 2100mAh battery. So I guess it's the root factor. But I have heard other roms were working.

OP
M

mauzydpt

Reaction score
Yes. Good to cover the basics, but yes nfc is checked. Anyone running AOKP that has Google wallet working in stores?

xDMONEYx

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
Twitter
bentxnail
Yes. Good to cover the basics, but yes nfc is checked. Anyone running AOKP that has Google wallet working in stores?

I am running AOKP Axiom Crossbreed, if that counts, and I just used Google Wallet for the first time yesterday at a McDonalds. I had tried before in the past, and it did not work. I figured out that it was because amidst all the flashing I do on my phone, I had forgotten to setup Wallet again after a new ROM install, when I thought I had set it up. Dunno if this silly thing could be your issue, but it definitely can happen!

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
I got an extended battery and also rooted my phone and using AOKP. I am not sure what reason I am not able to use Google wallet. Anyone have any ideas?

To address your original question, no it does not hold the nfc chip. It does house the nfc antenna though. But if you got the Verizon 2100 mah this probably isn't the issue.

Most likely, it's a rom issue. Can you be more specific about what you're experiencing?

OP
M

mauzydpt

Reaction score
I am going to try it again at a store today. Wondering if it was the stores device. But I will let you know if it doesn't work and then I'll try the other rom.