GNex; NFC; Google Wallet; ROM's

ivan_411

Reaction score
So I've read that Google Wallet will not work after changing to another ROM because each device has some sort of specific ID on it, and by changing ROM's the ID's don't match. I've also read that by doing so, NFC completely gets fried and will not work ever again.

So my questions are, is this true? Has this happened to anyone? Has anyone been able to change ROM and still be able to use Google Wallet with the same account? And if so, what are the steps in doing it correctly.

Im running GummyNex 4.0.3 with 4.0.4 Gapps. It came pre-installed with Google Wallet, so I set it up and got the $10 Dollars that google is offering. I want to change ROM because recently the phone begins to lag and will not turn on by pressing the power button. After i do a Battery Pull, it stays at the Google logo for roughly around 3 minutes and then loads up the custom boot animation (Nexus Tron Bikes).

Any info is appreciated.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
I've changed a few roms & now I'm running the latest gummynex. Just got some nfc tags today & nfc has been working fine. I have never tried Google wallet.

Tapped from a Galaxy Nexus using Xparent ICS Blue

thesoldier

Reaction score
I have flashed a few ROMs and NFC is fine, I just can't use Wallet because of the security issue that caused Google to disable prepaid cards temporarily.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
ivan_411

ivan_411

Reaction score
Oh, alright. I was worried about that because that would really suck if the NFC wouldn't work anymore.

rdm

Reaction score
So, Is this conversation to say that the reason GWallet didn't work yesterday (even though I had $$ on it), was because Google temporarily suspended it?

mattv111

Reaction score
Google Wallet hasn't worked for my since flashing my 1st rom. It worked fine while everything was stock. It says that it sends, but the transaction never completes...