Does Sync Browser ever work?

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I noticed it was checked off on my settings so I re-checked it and now it's been spinning and taking 50% of my resources.

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just installed Chrome to replace Firefox which has been acting like a 90 year old man.

Chrome is so much better I'm amazed.

But when I check sync it just spins and spins...

Any suggestions?

tbever

Reaction score
Mine worked also. If you use the 2 step authentication that may give some issues. I have that enabled in Gmail/Google that but as long as each PC is authenticated it seems to be OK.

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Mine worked also. If you use the 2 step authentication that may give some issues. I have that enabled in Gmail/Google that but as long as each PC is authenticated it seems to be OK.

Can you explain that? I have no idea how to enable it in Google. And what's two step authentication?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I don't recall ever syncing mine, but since the day I got my Nexus my bookmarks from chrome have been tied to the app browser through my gmail account

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just went into google and it says I have 12,933 bookmarks which is about 12,900 too many.

That may be the issue.

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I deleted all of the bookmarks from the google servers and deleted the phone bookmarks but it still wont sync...