My Gmail will not sync!

schollianmj

Reaction score
ok, been using 2.3 since it dropped and just today it started giving me issues. My gmail will not sync. i go into gmail and it says no connection. odd since I am connected to my home wifi network and have a great signal. so i tried taking it off wifi, stil no worky... went into settings, accounts and sync and checked my Gmail account, gmail sync was un checked. i re checked it and hit sync now. still wouldnt sync.

I have tried rebooting... nothing. kinda waiting for 2.4 to get released and hopefully THAT will fix my issue. :)

ballmore

Reaction score
maybe try fixing permissions? Otherwise if you go into your gmail account and hit menu>more>help it will take you to a help page in the browser. This probably won't help though..... It'll probably tell you to go your accounts and resync like you already did.

Have you tried going to applications>manage apps>all>gmail and clicking force stop/clear data yet? If not try that and go back and try to re-sync it.

I hope that I helped a little. lol

scubieman

Reaction score
Two things

First the sync will keep GMAIL up to date and auto sync

second when you open gmail it should download up to date inbox.

Also can you check like the browser and see if that works? Do you have the 3g or 4g symbol at the top?

OP
schollianmj

schollianmj

Reaction score
3G, 3 bars. when I open Gmail it is saying cannot connect. it is not downloading or sending anything. web works fine, pages load everything works, just not Gmail. I can send and receive text messages, just not gmail...

just got frustrated and flashed a different rom untill 2.4 drops... damn, i was really loving the UD.... hell with it, I'm re flashing 2.3.... figure a full wipe and re-flash couldn't hurt anything right? :)

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
settings, apps, manage apps, all, gmail, clear data, let gmail resync

ballmore

Reaction score
3G, 3 bars. when I open Gmail it is saying cannot connect. it is not downloading or sending anything. web works fine, pages load everything works, just not Gmail. I can send and receive text messages, just not gmail...

just got frustrated and flashed a different rom untill 2.4 drops... damn, i was really loving the UD.... hell with it, I'm re flashing 2.3.... figure a full wipe and re-flash couldn't hurt anything right? :)

Just curious....what rom did you flash? I always wonder what roms people decide to try if they aren't using "The Ultimate." :blackdroid:

OP
schollianmj

schollianmj

Reaction score
went back to MIUI, but that only lasted for about 30 mins and Im back on UD.... damn you all. :)

ballmore

Reaction score
went back to MIUI, but that only lasted for about 30 mins and Im back on UD.... damn you all. :)

WoW!!!! I just loaded Miui on my spare droid and was gonna flash it after I tested a new theme that is about to be put out. I wanted to see what all of the fuss was about, and try out there themes. lol
Could you please tell me what you think of miui compared to The Ultimate?

Also did clearing data help you sync?

SoDroid

Reaction score
Have you tried going to applications>manage apps>all>gmail and clicking force stop/clear data yet? If not try that and go back and try to re-sync it.
This, plus clearing the cache seemed to work for me. Before, my emails were not sending, now they are.

Edit: MIUI is awesome! Read the thread started by hoppermi stickied in the Team MIUI thread here at DF. It goes over the 'extra' stuff MIUI has.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
schollianmj

schollianmj

Reaction score
I really love MIUI. so many little extras built init feels smooth and polished. its a bit iphony for me, but I use LP and have my setup for it samed on my SD card.

I just switched away from it after the last release since the Chinese devs didnt put the trackball color settings in it and it defaults to white, which the D1 cannot display... Kinda turned me off. but they are back in now, but I am really liking UD so im gonna stay a bit here. i rarley go a week without flashing a new ROM...

as to my Gmail issue... I flashed a new rom, so when I came back to UD I wiped everything... doubt my issue pops up before 2.4 drops. but thanks for hte advise!