Does Skype work in Droid Razr?

infantrytrophy

Reaction score
Looking to buy either a Razr or GN, or maybe the rumored Razr Maxx. Has anyone used Skype in the Razr? Does it work well?

Thanks.

Trash Can

Reaction score
Yes, it works fine over 3G, 4G, and wifi.

Note: I use the regular Skype, NOT "Skype mobile for Verizon".

OP
I

infantrytrophy

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Now I still have a hard choice between the Razr and GN.

neverexisted

Reaction score
It works save for the video calling part. Not sure if this issue have been fixed by the Skype devs.

Sent from my XT910 using DroidForums

eric.scheman

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Now I still have a hard choice between the Razr and GN.

Its personal preference really. They are from a hardware point basically the same but do you want ics now or can you wait? From a few friends I heard there's a lot of little bugs with the nexus but good luck with your choice

brucin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola X Pure
It works save for the video calling part. Not sure if this issue have been fixed by the Skype devs.

Sent from my XT910 using DroidForums

Video calling works fine for me but I installed from the market.

neverexisted

Reaction score
funny.. tried a skype video call a minute ago and it didn't work from my end. they can't seem to see my video. Anyhoo front camera works flawlessly on Gtalk though.

Razrhead

Reaction score
I tried Skype today. Video calls will not work on my Razr. I get a distorted video picture of myself on my phone while dialing. When the connection is made my Razr says video not supported. My wife's iPhone 4s seems to work fine, I can see the image from her phone. I can't send an image from my Razr.

Last edited:

jtpowell

Reaction score
Video calling works for me. I use the Skype from the market not the Verizon Mobile version. I've made video calls to other iPhone, iPad, and Desktop users fine. Flawlessly switch back and forth between the front and back cam as well both on 4G and WiFi.

Razrhead

Reaction score
I too am using Skype from the market. After my original post I tried Skype again and this time the video worked. I didn't change any settings so I don't why it started working. I'll try it again tonight to see if it is still working.

fauxreall

Reaction score
it works on my brother in laws phone, havent tried it on mine quite yet. seems a certain percent cant get it working though, odd.

Razrhead

Reaction score
Skype seems to be working fine at this time. I made a couple calls this evening and had no problems. I also tried google talk and got that working between my Razr and a PC. Skype video quality seemed better.