Does Hulu and Netflix stream on the Droid?

cb3FSU

Reaction score
I am waiting for mine to come in the mail and Im wondering if you can stream from these sites as you would from a laptop.

Anyone tried this yet?

M

M1dnite

I am waiting for mine to come in the mail and Im wondering if you can stream from these sites as you would from a laptop.

Anyone tried this yet?

Nope, since there is no flash on the Droid as of yet.

OP
C

cb3FSU

Reaction score
If there is no flash how does it play youtube? I thought that was flash based? I thought all of the apps were created in flash?

How could they not have flash for this thing?

taypotts

Reaction score
Only the Htc Hero, I guess the Eris support native flash. No other phone does. Adobe Flash Labs are working on getting it to all phones, except the iPhone :)

paulmac

Reaction score
If there is no flash how does it play youtube? I thought that was flash based? I thought all of the apps were created in flash?

You can play you tube videos on the droid. Regarding flash I was on a web page with mine the other day that requires Adobe Flash player. The content would not display but the message from Adobe was that a flash player for Android is due out in January.

OP
C

cb3FSU

Reaction score

You can play you tube videos on the droid. Regarding flash I was on a web page with mine the other day that requires Adobe Flash player. The content would not display but the message from Adobe was that a flash player for Android is due out in January.

January sounds much better than next summer. 16 gigs gets swallowed up pretty quickly when you start loading up video files. Streaming Netflix and Hulu will be awesome and a huge space saver.

Mojo

Reaction score
Adobe® Flash® Player 10.1 is coming to Android™ 2.0 and future releases in the first half of 2010 Copyright © 2009 Adobe Systems Incorporated.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Adobe® Flash® Player 10.1 is coming to Android™ 2.0 and future releases in the first half of 2010 Copyright © 2009 Adobe Systems Incorporated.

Lol let's not be vague there adobe lol. First half.. sounds awesome. Figured a company like adobe would alittle better at predicting things then that.

souljerr

Reaction score

Lol let's not be vague there adobe lol. First half.. sounds awesome. Figured a company like adobe would alittle better at predicting things then that.

Probably want to have wiggle room if they have to release in March. Mabye we'll get luck and see it in January. Can't wait for this though.

chilibilly22

Reaction score
netflix streamin'

I don't think you'll be able to stream netflix even when flash comes out because on the netflix site it says minimum system requirements are a 1 ghz processor. I believe the droid is only 600 mghz. Anyone got an idea about this? Flash support is definetly coming soon and I also would love to stream netflix.

moosc

Reaction score
Only the Htc Hero, I guess the Eris support native flash. No other phone does. Adobe Flash Labs are working on getting it to all phones, except the iPhone :)
at this moment no phone supports flash or have the hardware not even the hero or eris. the only phone in android line up to be able to handle the adobe flash will be the motorola droid no other phone in the android line up has the hardware to handle it.