Does Amazon get VZW phones at launch?

lightsout

Reaction score
Does anyone know this? Did they have the Bionic at launch. Hoping to get the Nexus from there but don't want to wait longer.

Also I am grandfathered in with the unlimited plan as long as I select "existing account" nothing is touched with my plan right? I'm a little scared they will screw it up.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I wouldn't trust Amazon with my unlimited data.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I believe if you want to be grandfathered into an unlimited data plan you have to do it through Verizon. I don't think it can be done through 3rd parties from what I read, but I could be wrong.

OP
L

lightsout

Reaction score
Hmmm, thanks, I'll have to look into it.

I can select "keep my existing data plan" and the price is $29.99 (upgrades only).

EDIT** Can't even use the amazon store card to buy a phone. I guess I'm over that idea.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Hmmm, thanks, I'll have to look into it.

I can select "keep my existing data plan" and the price is $29.99 (upgrades only).

EDIT** Can't even use the amazon store card to buy a phone. I guess I'm over that idea.

Well that sucks.

I have read around that even when you click "keep existing data plan" it may lead you to a plan that's capped at 2gb, so read the fine print.

googlelover

Reaction score
Don't need to read the fine print, its as simple as calling Verizon, and asking them to either call Amazon on a conference call, or make sure you don't lose unlimited data. Problem solved.

OP
L

lightsout

Reaction score
Well that sucks.

I have read around that even when you click "keep existing data plan" it may lead you to a plan that's capped at 2gb, so read the fine print.
Thanks, good to know. I'm just going directly through Verizon to avoid any of this.