Do You Still Root Your Android Device?

Discussion in 'Android News' started by DroidModderX, Feb 21, 2017.

1. bigmatt503

bigmatt503 Active Member

Ratings:
    +54
    Nexus 6p rooted on nitrogen rom. Mostly for adaway, twrp and themes

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2. jackiescivic

jackiescivic Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +952
    I do not root my phone. My S7, S6 Edge, and Note 4 were all bone stock. My S5 was rooted, but I never did any ROM's I just rooted for Titanium Backup and the ability to freeze bloat. The first Android device I rooted was the original Droid Incredible, which is how I actually got started on this site. I had modified both the Blackberry Curve and Tour that I had back in the day.

I have no interest in root any longer, part of that may be because I now use my phone daily to show customers how to do things on their phone, and I have the ability to disable most of the apps I don't like.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

3. mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,350
    Back in the day when you needed to root to get a faster phone I just bought a faster phone (Inc1). When you needed to root to take a screen shot I bought a screen shot app. When you needed to root to tether I bought a tether app. Back in the day in order to remove bloatware you needed to root I liked and used much of the bloatware or just ignored what I didn't. Back in the day when you needed to root to make your own theme I bought a launcher and an app to make my own icons to fit the launcher how I wanted.
    Android, by nature and with its marketplace for adding individualizion has been good enough for me. Since phablets have arrived I've also lost most need/desire for my desktop and even my tablets.

Support Our Troops!!!
    Beast Mode 4

<><

• Like Like x 1
  4. donzz

donzz Member

Ratings:
    +9
    I haven't rooted a phone since my Droid Bionic.

5. Smith 001

Smith 001 Platinum Member

Ratings:
    +539
    Current Phone Model:
    Samsung s7 edge
    Once I rooted my S4 for the limited storage, I need to delete the stock app to release the space. But now I have enough storage for any apps, so I won't root my phone any more.. When is the next update on S7 edge? That's the main reason why I don't root my phone.

6. akhenax

akhenax Silver Member

Ratings:
    +504
    My job consists mostly of creating system images for new and legacy hardware for a very large city organization. Before updating a system with a new image, many times a user would want software backed up, and restored once the new image is complete. I see my Android phone much like a mini computer. Whenever I do full system wipes, I rely on a few software perks, such as TWRP, that allows me to create a full system image backup, just in case I screw something up, I also do a backup of my applications using Titanium Backup. I keep these "backups" on a computer, and free up the space on my phone. I have regular images of the software that I have had on my phone, and if I ever wanted to go back, or restore some application with it's data, I can do so.

The only way any of this is possible
    IS WITH ROOT. :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. trestevenson

trestevenson Active Member

Ratings:
    +33
    Current Phone Model:
    Huawei Nexus 6P
    My 6P is rooted and will likely remain that way for the duration of my ownership of it. I miss Xposed, being on Nougat, but I'm patiently waiting for development on it to be finished. I also make full system image backups of my device via TWRP once a month.

8. drexnerd

drexnerd New Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Current Phone Model:
    V20
    No, because I see no need to. Done it before and I'd do it again just not for the sake of it.

Search tags for this page

android s7 rooting

do people still root android