Do you put a skin on (the outside of) your phone?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
So, I just placed an order for a dbrand skin set for my 6P (back, sides, and camera) and I'm curious. Who all uses them?

I know I've seen some folks mention their skins on their phones, but don't see that there's been much discussion on them otherwise.

I missed out on their 30% off sale to celebrate the return of Bamboo because I hesitated, but I got a drop of water on my phone yesterday and took the case off and remembered how much I actually do like the thinness of the device without a case. I figure a skin will give it a more unique look while still offering at least some scratch protection and (hopefully) add some grippy-ness to the slick body of the 6P.

I ordered Mahogany for the back and matte black for the sides and camera. The video on how to apply them said that they come with the pieces for the Nexus logo in black, white, and titanium because of the slight variation of the location of the logo on each device. I chose to keep the Nexus logo cut out, and I'm thinking maybe I'll go with the white to really make it pop out of the dark mahogany skin.

What colors/brands are you rocking?

Do you still use a case with the phone skinned?

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I'd be interested in this. While I love my supcase, a slim skin that shows off the true phone would be great.

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Dbrand has a ton of options. I'd been kinda thinking about it for a while and then played around with color combos yesterday(?) when they were running their sale. I decided I didn't want to spend that much (idiot) because I had it all tricked out with every piece I could.

Thinking harder on it today, I decided that I didn't need anything on the screen side and actually went back and forth for quite a while on whether I wanted the pieces for the sides. I finally decided that it'd probably look pretty slick to have black on the front, wood on the back, with black on the sides and just a hint of that aluminum, so that's what I went for.

Looking forward to giving it a try and hoping I don't mess up the application of it. Their how-to video is amazingly specific and detailed though, so I'm pretty confident.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I used them for my nexus 5 & 6 and love them. But I would use them with a clear case. I just want protection for the corners.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+

00920a97761bf52af3274378a4c1ccd7.jpg
f0f813ed480d8dd8bc90ac140fc132a9.jpg
92a2cea24473b20e5e589ba8aad24702.jpg

6s Plus