Do You Lock Your Device?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by ipawd1, Dec 8, 2009.

1. RLJSlick

RLJSlick Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Nah, I'm like everyone else, I don't let this sucker out of my site. Including my wife. Do you here me Tiger Wood?!?! LOL

2. DroidFan

DroidFan Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I tried to find the thread and couldn't, but someone else posted a thread on an app that has an alarm on the Droid in case someone messes with it. If I can find the link, I'll post it, but it sounds like it does what you're describing.

3. jamiehughes

jamiehughes Member

Ratings:
    +0
    that would be awesome, i can just imagine someones face while they are sitting there when you come back and the alarm is on... "whoopsie, how did that happen"? ha,ha..

4. Mateles

Mateles Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree - my phone automatically logs me into many accounts, like Gmail, that I wouldn't want anyone else to access. An unlock pattern isn't any more difficult than the unprotected unlock, so why not?

I also recommend the "Owner" app. This lets you put your contact information right on the lock screen. Not much point in putting your phone # here :) but I've got my name and email address listed.

The only drawback I see is that you can't change the volume settings with it locked this way without unlocking. Or can you?

5. Rikpa

Rikpa New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The app you're looking for is, "siren"...and its free. Haven't downloaded it, so if you try it let us know if it works as advertised!

6. Dr. Tenma

Dr. Tenma Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I do simply because I don't want it coming alive in my pocket and calling people, buying apps, etc.

7. ipawd1

ipawd1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    [​IMG]

8. DroidFan

DroidFan Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just DL'd this app to the phone. LOVE IT! I did put my home number on the front, with my work address and my email address. I also put a couple of ICE #'s (in the event they can't get a hold of me or if I'm in an accident) in the text box after my contact info... makes it REALLY easy to have that information handy without needing the phone to be unlocked.

9. radioz

radioz Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My Droid goes "commando"! :icon_ banana:

10. biteme

biteme Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Droid locked and loaded (lol) to keep anyone from messing with it or accidentally calling some one (you know, butt or pocket dialing :icon_eek:). Created my own custom pattern (I clean the screen with my soft shirt to eliminate the evidence). :icon_ banana:

11. jamiehughes

jamiehughes Member

Ratings:
    +0
    that is close but i would like one that does this when someone trys to unlock your phone, or even if the screen started to flash and wouldnt stop until you put in the write slide pattern, it wouldnt have to necessarily be an audible alarm. seems like it woudl be a cool app...

12. dberthia

dberthia Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think you're referring to the "Contact Owner" app that displays your info on the unlock screen. "Owner" just displays the info when you run the app and is not very useful. Note that when you run Contact Owner you get warnings telling you that HTC builds might crash your system, but you can ignore these on the Droid.

Search tags for this page

accidentally locked the screen on my droid

droid pocket dialing

how do i lock the droid razr so no one else can use it

how do you lock a galaxy phone so you don't butt dial someon

motorola droid 4 accidental password lock