1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Do You Lock Your Device?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by ipawd1, Dec 8, 2009.

1. ipawd1

ipawd1 New Member

Curious to know which one of you guys/ladies lock your Droid so people will not go into it.
  2. zegolf

zegolf New Member

I don't let this bad boy out of my site, so I do not lock it. But I might, now that everyone knows my secret.
  3. Donkey Hodie

Donkey Hodie New Member

Nope, my Droid runs wild and free.
  4. DroidFan

DroidFan New Member

I have to. My profession requires me to lock down my device in the event I lose/misplace the phone, that others can't access my client information.
  5. jigsawkilr

jigsawkilr New Member

I agree. Mine stays with me no matter what. At work if I have to go away from my phone it goes inside a gun lock box and then locked inside my locker. So no, I see no need to lock my phone. :motdroidhoriz:
  6. Trever1t

Trever1t New Member

I don't but would if it didn't require me to unlock it every single time it wakes. I'd like to see a phone lock that would lock when I commanded or after a full shut-down only.
  7. joshua117

joshua117 New Member

Nope my droid is always with me so it stays unlocked
  8. NoKz

NoKz New Member

It's always on me, so it's unlocked.
  9. vonfink13

vonfink13 New Member

i lock mine and i use the pattern lock...mainly because i think it is really cool...the fingerprint smudge/smear on the glass usually gives away the pattern...
  10. Jason

Jason New Member

I don't lock it since its always with me too
  11. pmkelly00

pmkelly00 New Member

I do indeed use the pattern lock for a couple of reasons. First, sometimes I will store voicemail passcodes inside of my contact information (so I don't have to manually type in the numbers each time). Second, my web browser is already logged into things like Google Docs, and I don't want strangers to be able to view some of those documents. Third, and most importantly, given the full integration of gmail, a stranger could potentially access a whole lot of personal information about me through my email archive... probably even the name of my banking institution and what credit cards I use. So, for me, better safe than sorry. Heck, for all I know, they could change my gmail password and take over the majority of my online identity.

Hate to think I could accidentally drop my phone somewhere and give up the family jewels.

Although I will say there is no storage at all of account numbers or *truly* sensitive information in any form (even in gmail). And I never log into banking/credit sites from my phone... ever. My personal paranoia takes over at that point.

Interesting post about the fingerprints. Hadn't thought of that!

Thanks for the discussion gang...
  12. jamiehughes

jamiehughes New Member

i always lock mine, dont want the ladies getting in there reading stuff not for their eyes, and trust me they will try if they see your phone laying around with you not around. i always thought that it would be funny to have some kind of alarm that could go off if someone was to mess with it in the locked position, that would get em to keep their fingers to themselves once in awhile. :) thta would actually be a pretty cool app to create, they could call it like "the watchdog" or something..
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2009
  13. RLJSlick

RLJSlick New Member

Nah, I'm like everyone else, I don't let this sucker out of my site. Including my wife. Do you here me Tiger Wood?!?! LOL
  14. DroidFan

DroidFan New Member

I tried to find the thread and couldn't, but someone else posted a thread on an app that has an alarm on the Droid in case someone messes with it. If I can find the link, I'll post it, but it sounds like it does what you're describing.
  15. jamiehughes

jamiehughes New Member

that would be awesome, i can just imagine someones face while they are sitting there when you come back and the alarm is on... "whoopsie, how did that happen"? ha,ha..
  16. Mateles

Mateles New Member

I agree - my phone automatically logs me into many accounts, like Gmail, that I wouldn't want anyone else to access. An unlock pattern isn't any more difficult than the unprotected unlock, so why not?

I also recommend the "Owner" app. This lets you put your contact information right on the lock screen. Not much point in putting your phone # here :) but I've got my name and email address listed.

The only drawback I see is that you can't change the volume settings with it locked this way without unlocking. Or can you?
  17. Rikpa

Rikpa New Member

The app you're looking for is, "siren"...and its free. Haven't downloaded it, so if you try it let us know if it works as advertised!
  18. Dr. Tenma

Dr. Tenma New Member

I do simply because I don't want it coming alive in my pocket and calling people, buying apps, etc.
  19. ipawd1

ipawd1 New Member

[​IMG]
  20. DroidFan

DroidFan New Member

I just DL'd this app to the phone. LOVE IT! I did put my home number on the front, with my work address and my email address. I also put a couple of ICE #'s (in the event they can't get a hold of me or if I'm in an accident) in the text box after my contact info... makes it REALLY easy to have that information handy without needing the phone to be unlocked.
Search tags for this page

accidentally locked the screen on my droid

how do i lock the droid razr so no one else can use it

how do you lock a galaxy phone so you don't butt dial someon

motorola droid 4 accidental password lock