Do You Lock Your Device?

ipawd1

Reaction score
Curious to know which one of you guys/ladies lock your Droid so people will not go into it.

DroidFan

Reaction score
I have to. My profession requires me to lock down my device in the event I lose/misplace the phone, that others can't access my client information.

jigsawkilr

Reaction score
I agree. Mine stays with me no matter what. At work if I have to go away from my phone it goes inside a gun lock box and then locked inside my locker. So no, I see no need to lock my phone. :motdroidhoriz:

Trever1t

Reaction score
I don't but would if it didn't require me to unlock it every single time it wakes. I'd like to see a phone lock that would lock when I commanded or after a full shut-down only.

vonfink13

Reaction score
i lock mine and i use the pattern lock...mainly because i think it is really cool...the fingerprint smudge/smear on the glass usually gives away the pattern...

pmkelly00

Reaction score
I do indeed use the pattern lock for a couple of reasons. First, sometimes I will store voicemail passcodes inside of my contact information (so I don't have to manually type in the numbers each time). Second, my web browser is already logged into things like Google Docs, and I don't want strangers to be able to view some of those documents. Third, and most importantly, given the full integration of gmail, a stranger could potentially access a whole lot of personal information about me through my email archive... probably even the name of my banking institution and what credit cards I use. So, for me, better safe than sorry. Heck, for all I know, they could change my gmail password and take over the majority of my online identity.

Hate to think I could accidentally drop my phone somewhere and give up the family jewels.

Although I will say there is no storage at all of account numbers or *truly* sensitive information in any form (even in gmail). And I never log into banking/credit sites from my phone... ever. My personal paranoia takes over at that point.

Interesting post about the fingerprints. Hadn't thought of that!

Thanks for the discussion gang...

jamiehughes

Reaction score
i always lock mine, dont want the ladies getting in there reading stuff not for their eyes, and trust me they will try if they see your phone laying around with you not around. i always thought that it would be funny to have some kind of alarm that could go off if someone was to mess with it in the locked position, that would get em to keep their fingers to themselves once in awhile. :) thta would actually be a pretty cool app to create, they could call it like "the watchdog" or something..

Last edited:

RLJSlick

Reaction score
Nah, I'm like everyone else, I don't let this sucker out of my site. Including my wife. Do you here me Tiger Wood?!?! LOL

DroidFan

Reaction score
. i always thought that it would be funny to have some kind of alarm that could go off if someone was to mess with it in the locked position, that would get em to keep their fingers to themselves once in awhile. :) thta would actually be a pretty cool app to create, they could call it like "the watchdog" or something..

I tried to find the thread and couldn't, but someone else posted a thread on an app that has an alarm on the Droid in case someone messes with it. If I can find the link, I'll post it, but it sounds like it does what you're describing.

jamiehughes

Reaction score
that would be awesome, i can just imagine someones face while they are sitting there when you come back and the alarm is on... "whoopsie, how did that happen"? ha,ha..