Have you experienced battery issues?

• Yes

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters

D._Manley

Reaction score
No consistency, at all, up-down. Been using turbo charger overnight. Going to switch to regular charger. I really think my old RAZR maxx battery was as good if not better.
My Razr Maxx was slightly better than the Turbo, I'd estimate +/- 10% over a full day of heavy use. I attribute that to the Turbo's faster, more demanding hardware & software especially, the QHD screen. That said, I still end a day @ 50-60% as opposed to 60-70% on the Maxx. Since everything (I do mean EVERYTHING) is smoother, faster & more useful on the Turbo I have been thrilled with the battery but it's clear the larger 3900 mAh battery was a good decision.

TDL1068

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
After only 12 hours I am at 26%
27% google system
24% google services
14% screen. OT 2hrs
Pathetic!!
Oh yeah, very warm, not usual.
Cell reception levels could play a big part in your battery usage too.

AvaMichele

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
My cell reception sucks, so I only have good battery life if I don't use my phone. But it does usually last for the whole day.

✋ Sent from my Droid Turbo with Tapatalk

TDL1068

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Something does seem odd about those high usage percentages JDH shows above. Mine are never that high for Google system and services. Makes me think there is another issue keeping the system chugging away in the background....

JDH

Reaction score
Re the signal strength. We just moved into Frederick, MD from the rural area outside town. Thought my 4g signal would greatly improve, but no. Not really any better.
Had advance calling turned on and 4g was reading 117, turned advance calling off and signal jump to 99-100. WTF

AvaMichele

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Something does seem odd about those high usage percentages JDH shows above. Mine are never that high for Google system and services. Makes me think there is another issue keeping the system chugging away in the background....
Good point. Here's mine:
uploadfromtaptalk1434211348802.png

✋ Sent from my Droid Turbo with Tapatalk

TatDroid

Reaction score
After only 12 hours I am at 26%
27% google system
24% google services
14% screen. OT 2hrs
Pathetic!!
Oh yeah, very warm, not usual.
50% of battery usage going to Google system is not normal. Something doesn't sound right there.

Sent from my Droid Turbo

Kronix

Reaction score
I get decent battery drain. I have noticed a slight drop in battery capacity since owning the Turbo in December. It is because of my use of weather widgets which need to refresh every 4 hours or so. 3hr 20min with 87% and 1hr-2hrs SOT. Moderate usage (Whatsapp, instagram, facebook, music, Web browsing the occasional game on my subway commute) I can have 1 day 12hrs on one charge. With light use (ie: just Whatsapp and Textra) it is closer to 1 day 17-20hrs on one charge.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I got almost a full 24 hours for the first time ever this weekend. Forgot to plug it in Saturday night and woke up to 10% left. ALMOST. STILL NOT QUITE 24 HOURS.
SOT was 2 hours.
So apparently the trick to get the phone to go 24 hours is to ugh..... not use it!

Has anyone realistically gotten even 36 hours out of it?
Of course not... that would involve never looking at the screen...

TDL1068

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I got close to 36hrs, but that was being home on wi-fi and just 2-3 hrs of SOT (some dark themed apps to boot). As long as the phone isn't searching for wireless service the hours of use can increase substantially.

iiWoodstocK

Reaction score
I usually average 30+ hours on battery with 6+ hours SOT. I've gotten 36+ hours on battery with 6+ hours of SOT a plenty of times. Twice I've gotten 48+ hours on battery with 5.5+ hours SOT. I almost always have brightness at the lowest it can go. And BT and GPS off, disabled bloat, AMOLED/dark themes where applicable. And I don't do any gaming.
2742eebcb6de98c54564454179c5eb22.jpg
fd8f6746d82c34fa9ec7db093ec681c9.jpg

In these pics, I think it was before I set up Tasker to turn off WiFi, mobile data, and background sync. Also WiFi was on the entire time so it was probably a weekend.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Wow. That's insane.
Having brightness set to low is probably the #1 thing getting you that much time.

MarBearCat

Reaction score
Why not enjoy this beautiful screen? Heck battery life isn't THAT important, to me anyway, to dial down the brightness so much that THIS cat would need a seeing eye dog to read. "Auto brightness" is as low as I'll go and I use that maybe half the time.

=^.".^=