Do text messages and MM messages require Data connectivity, or just wireless network?

thehowells

Reaction score
If using Smart Actions and/or Juice Defender, will I still be able to receive text messages while the wi-fi and mobile data are turned off?

Sandy

Deron

Reaction score
Using the smart action app you will definitely be able to receive text messages. I have confirmed this several times. I do not know about MMS.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Cyberpolice

Reaction score
You can use Wifi connection to do MM or text message. However, your text message will be charged by text. Although, if you have a plan with 500 minutes or more, it will not account against your message if you do mobile to mobile. I love MM...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Cyberpolice

Reaction score
You can use Wifi connection to do MM or text message. However, your text message will be charged by text. Although, if you have a plan with 500 minutes or more, it will not account against your message if you do mobile to mobile. I love MM...

Yes, you can

MonkeyMouth

Reaction score
What? Not even. Verizon doesn't send texts over wifi. Regular text messages use the cellular signal. (No data connection required) The MMS messages on the other hand use data. You will be notified of an MMS but will not download until data is connected.

Sent using my Droid Razr