Do not install v6 supercharger. !!!

stabl4life82

Reaction score
I installed this last night and I rebooted my phone and went into a major brick. Took me a few hours but got my phone back running like normal again..thank god for the new sbf. :)

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
stabl4life82

stabl4life82

Reaction score
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1255198. There u go. If u have any questions, just ask
those are all the files u need

Step1. Extract the sbf zip with the xml and partitions put them in a folder named XT862..extract the moto fastboot zip files and put them in this file folder as well. If you dont, the process will not work.
Step 2. Turn your phone on, Hold both Volume buttons while turning on press Vol - until you get to AP Fastboot then press Vol +
Step 3.Plug the phone to your computer by usb while in AP fastboot mode
Step 4. Open RSD lite and select the phone, and the file to flash is inside the XT862 folder you just made, Select the XML file, i believe it will be the only file you can select out of that folder in RSD.
Click START

this is how i did it and it worked perfect

Last edited:

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
I used the Supercharger Script (& 3G Turbo too) and had no issue. I haven't heard of anyone else having issues with it, are you sure you didn't do something wrong when applying it?

OP
stabl4life82

stabl4life82

Reaction score
Idk. I followed the instructions it gave me. Everything seemed like it worked fine untill it was coming up to my boot animation and it would just go black.

Cdjones187

Reaction score
Its not a good idea installing the v6 script. KrazyKrivda warned not to install it shortly after root was achieved, but no one mentioned it on droidforums.

OP
stabl4life82

stabl4life82

Reaction score
Yeah I learned the hard way the other night. Haha. But I had it fixed in a few hours and the positive part about it is I got all the files I need if I ever brick my phone again and it wont take but like 2 minutes to do it next time. Lol

psychotic_penguin

Reaction score
If you're running a Busybox version higher than 1.18.2 zepplinrox says you'll have issues. I've been running the Supercharger script from day one of root with no issues at all.

OP
stabl4life82

stabl4life82

Reaction score
I installed the 1.18.2 version and I still had the problem. It ain't a a big deal. Hopefully when the roms come out it will be included. I love the free tether though. Works perfect for me. :)

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
If you're running a Busybox version higher than 1.18.2 zepplinrox says you'll have issues. I've been running the Supercharger script from day one of root with no issues at all.

Yeah same here, I pretty much ran it the day we got root. I used it on Stock and the Leak and it's been working like a champ.

duckmandm

Reaction score
I installed this last night and I rebooted my phone and went into a major brick. Took me a few hours but got my phone back running like normal again..thank god for the new sbf. :)

No offense, but this script rocks. Honestly, I know linux and scripting, and I think that as easy as the dev has made it, using something this plfowerful without some knowledge of what you are doing is inherently dangerous. That being said, I learned all I know by hacking and tweaking and then making mistakes and learning how to fix those mistakes. Best advice: read up on the settings the script changes prior to installing and using; most important of all, ALWAYS always always do a nandroid backup before playing around with root functions.

scott240

Reaction score
Well I installed v6 supercharger, I think? I watched a youtube video on how to install it and I did all that but I don't know anything about scripts so I don't know what im doing. I ran v6 supercharger and it said pick 1-3 so I picked 1 (I don't know why just that's what they did on the video) then it opened up something that I had to pick 1-17, I don't know what any of this stuff means, what numbers or number do I use for droid 3 to speed up my phone??????