Do Not call list Telemarketers

skel1977

Reaction score
Reminder

All cell phone numbers are being released to telemarketing companies. You will be charged.

To prevent this call this number from your cell phone and get put on the do not call list. It lasts for 5 years.

888 382 1222

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Regardless of this spam, I add my cell to the "Do Not Call" list

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Yea, and as soon as I get a telemarketing call on my cellphone, I will too.

Considering this *warning* email first originated in 2006????
Yea, I still haven't called.

Sure, it doesn't hurt.... but let's not be paranoid.

\\EDIT\\

Sorry, hope that didn't come across as being rude.
I am an IT Manager and get bombarded with internet rumours daily. I hate them. Internet rumours are a pet peeve. People are so quick to believe a rumour that a friend forwards them. Bill Gates will not pay you to forward email, and your cell phone cannot be released to telemarketers.
I have been asked about this particular one over 50 times, no BS.
It is simply not true.
As I said this email started in 2006, if not earlier. One paranoid person sent this to 10 other people and it mushroomed across the internet like lightening.

It is ILLEGAL for a telemarketing company to use a dialer on cell phones. They can get sued for it. Trust me... they aren't risking that.

Last edited:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Yea, and as soon as I get a telemarketing call on my cellphone, I will too.

Considering this *warning* email first originated in 2006????
Yea, I still haven't called.

Sure, it doesn't hurt.... but let's not be paranoid.

\\EDIT\\

Sorry, hope that didn't come across as being rude.
I am an IT Manager and get bombarded with internet rumours daily. I hate them. Internet rumours are a pet peeve. People are so quick to believe a rumour that a friend forwards them. Bill Gates will not pay you to forward email, and your cell phone cannot be released to telemarketers.
I have been asked about this particular one over 50 times, no BS.
It is simply not true.
As I said this email started in 2006, if not earlier. One paranoid person sent this to 10 other people and it mushroomed across the internet like lightening.

It is ILLEGAL for a telemarketing company to use a dialer on cell phones. They can get sued for it. Trust me... they aren't risking that.
No offense taken and I sensed no rudeness within your post and hopefully no one else does.

About once every 2 months or so I get a call from spanish telemarketers, but I did put my number on the national "do not call" list. I don't think anyone is paranoid, but if a simple 30 second solution saves people the headache of telemarketing calls, I say just take the 30 seconds and sign up. easy 30 second registration is better than picking up anonymous phone calls during busy times to only answer to a robot.