Do I need to root x2 to get tether app now?

jacobbones

Reaction score
I read that the tether apps were removed from market.

My question is can I track down an apk of a tether app elsewhere and put it on my phone or does it have to be a rooted phone to get tether app now?

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
You shouldn't be tethering unless your paying for it with the 3g mobile hotspot app. Wireless tether apps were removed because of fools tethering to game consoles laptops etc and thinking vzw wouldn't catch on this has been talked about numerous times.

Swyped from the best phone in verizon's line up.

OP
J

jacobbones

Reaction score
I was just looking around the market on my phone and they still have tethering apps.

Thought I read they were pulled

CID KHAOS

Reaction score
They didn't get pulled or removed, all it is, is a filter so they don't show up in the market, they are still there. and u can always find the .apk just by google searching it

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

devildog9999

Reaction score

My question is can I track down an apk of a tether app elsewhere and put it on my phone or does it have to be a rooted phone to get tether app now?

After ALL that has happened in the last couple of weeks, you are asking for an illegal tethering app? Really?

richnewman

Reaction score
After ALL that has happened in the last couple of weeks, you are asking for an illegal tethering app? Really?

What has happened in the last couple weeks?

I'm looking at getting an X2 mainly to root and tether.

cobjones

Reaction score

It's not illegal. It is against your contract, but has nothing to do with criminal law.

Sent from my DROID2

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

This is the topic of discussion. The OP did not ask for a discussion of whether or not it's legal or illegal to tether. Lets get off of that and stay with what the OP is asking about. I'll reopen the thread, however if it strays back into the legal or illegal question I will close it permanently. Some posts have been deleted.

66racer

Reaction score
On my DX with liberty gingerbread the team black hat tether patch worked for me and can use the verizon hotspot feature but still like using wireless tether anyways. No idea about the dx2.

The way I see it I pay them for unlimited data and rarely go over 2GB, most ever was almost 3GB, I have fast home interent and only use tether for web browsing on vacations or at work occasionally (field work so no desktop)

jwats1973

Reaction score
Turn on hotspot.
Dialpad. *#*#INFO#*#*
Open phone info. Toggle radio off then on.
Bam! Hotspot active.
No need for root or 3rd party apps. Uses real 3G connection not a slower dialup type connection.​