DNA or Galaxy 3

libirm

Reaction score
Need to upgrade to a new phone- Verizon has either DNA or Galaxy 3 for 199.99-

Coming form a Droid x so probably a huge leap-

Which is better or are they about equal?

Thanks for the help in advance. :)

Psykho

Reaction score
The DNA is a better device overall but it has no sd card slot.It has a better screen, better audio, and better processor but it also has a smaller battery but the battery last me all day no problem.

OP
libirm

libirm

Reaction score
Is wire-fly a good place to bye as opposed to to going to a Verizon store?

Psykho

Reaction score
I suppose if it's a good price but you might want to try them out first to make sure you like it and I'm assuming that you still have unlimited data if you have an X so you might want to talk to someone about plan options because your going to lose unlimited unless you pay full retail price for a phone.

rherron

Reaction score
Need to upgrade to a new phone- Verizon has either DNA or Galaxy 3 for 199.99-

Coming form a Droid x so probably a huge leap-

Which is better or are they about equal?

Thanks for the help in advance. :)

Check upgrading via Amazon.com and save yourself some money. GS3 is $99 via Amazon.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is wire-fly a good place to bye as opposed to to going to a Verizon store?

Never buy from Verizon, you will overpay, wirefly, Amazon, eBay are all good places to purchase a new phone, if you have unlimited data you would need to buy the phone outright to keep unlimited, if you don't have unlimited then you can get it subsidized at Amazon cheaper than going through Verizon, in regards to phone, the S3 is almost a year old, the DNA is pretty new with better specs but small storage capacity and small battery, both are not upgradeable, the S3 even though old in mobile terms still is a great phone with removable battery and upgradeable storage, I own the 16 gig version with a 64 gig micro SD card, and also have two extra batteries in my pocket when out and about and not near a charger. In the end it's your $ :), spend it wisely, and buy what makes you happy. Check out all the reviews you can find on both phones and don't ask people in forums what phone you should buy, as each individual will tell you to buy the phone they own, it's just human nature. Also go to the store and play with them, it won't hurt.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Droid Forums

Caesars

Reaction score
At this point I'd wait hehe, if you're comparing a new device to a year old device, just wait for the next big thing :).

Return of the Android

Kermi

Reaction score
I have used Amazon.com and letstalk.com. Both have been great!

Robster

Reaction score
If you need a phone now and don't need tons of onboard storage then it is the DNA hands down. As already mentioned you should try and buy it somewhere besides Verizon. If you can wait a while then you might check out the Galaxy S4 when it comes out. I don't know when that will be though. Now if you are not tied to Verizon and don't mind switching to AT&T, T-Mobile or Sprint, then you could get the brand new HTC One from any of those carriers sometime next month. The One is a fantastic phone that slightly surpasses the DNA in many ways.

OP
libirm

libirm

Reaction score
Thanks- I check it out....appreciate the advise. HTC One looks great but Verizon not going to carry it right now....Need to stay with Verizon, it has the most towers around here.
I check out lets talk today..
:biggrin:

Robster

Reaction score
I understand about being on Verizon for better reception. I can also add that I have compared my DNA to my buddie's S3 and the DNA is definitely the better performer and better looking imo. Battery life is about the same for each. The only benefit I see to the S3 is lots of storage.

Captmilk

Reaction score
The S3 is an older phone, if those are the only two options either go with the DNA or wait for the S4, but my wife just got the S3 and it is fast as hell!!