Advice needed with DNA! HELP!

Discussion in 'HTC Droid DNA' started by Brostrom4, Nov 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brostrom4

Brostrom4 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So, back in May I was able to get the Droid DNA for free through a Verizon promotion (yeah, crazy huh?). I started a new contract, and I cant remember the price of the phone on contract, maybe $199.99 I think? Anyways, I purchased Asurion Insurance with it, which covers everything pretty much. I talked to a VZ representative via chat today, and asked if a phone is out of stock at a VZ store. She said yes, that they are doing away with the DNA and they'd be lucky to have 1 in stock at the store.

I really do like this phone, but I'm an android junky and love android phones. The DNA is my 4th one, and I currently want another...

Should I "drop" my phone on the cement and get a cracked screen, then bring it into a VZ store? I should be able choose a different phone that has an on contract price of $199.99. Would it be that easy? or no? Help me out please!

Thanks for your help.

2. Psykho

Psykho Member

Ratings:
    +5
    When you use your insurance they send you a certified like new phone and you send the broken one to them so it doesn't matter if the store doesn't have a DNA. My wife recently got her DNA replaced so Ausurion had them a couple weeks ago. Also it used to be $50 but I think I heard it's $100 now for the deductible.

3. Psykho

Psykho Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Oh and don't know if you heard but the Android 4.2.2 and Sense 5 update is out today so it kinda feels like a new phone again...

4. MotoXGirl

MotoXGirl Active Member

Ratings:
    +69
    Asurion maintains stock on phones for years. That will never work. Asurion still carries Moto Droid Bionics for replacement.

5. 94lt1

94lt1 Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,530
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 2
    This discussion constitutes insurance fraud... It makes prices higher for all of us....while I do understand your position...I can't condone it...I'm locking this thread for further review.

MAXXED OUT!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.