1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

DNA does nothing when I press check for updates

Discussion in 'HTC Droid DNA' started by Nevermore, Dec 8, 2013.

1. Nevermore

Nevermore New Member

Went to get the update 2 nights ago and it appeared to be ready to go then I must have hit some button or whatever and that screen disappeared. Now when I hit status, it says the update was successful, yet nothing is different on the phone.

When I look at the properties of the phone it still shows 4.1.1

Every time that I hit check for updates now, nothing happens. It doesn't say checking for updates like it used to. Just sits and does nothing.

Any ideas how I can get that working? Any ideas how I can get that update?

I'm totally ticked off with this as I've never had this issue before and I really want this new update.

Thanks for any help!
  2. 94lt1

94lt1 Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Try rebooting... Shut it off for a few moments and then turn it back on...try it again....there's a way for moto phones to try to "force" the update.. But I don't think it works for HTC devices

MAXXED OUT!!!
  3. Nevermore

Nevermore New Member

I have tried that about 5 times since this happened... I'm still hoping to see it prompt me again, but I worry because it thinks it's up to date
  4. 94lt1

94lt1 Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Hmmmm. I know there's an update rolling out....updates usually roll out in waves.. But you said your device got it and then it didn't take...are you rooted at all?? Any bloat apps frozen???

I'm not really familiar with the DNA....is there an option to get the update straight from HTC on their website?? You might try that...

MAXXED OUT!!!
  5. Nevermore

Nevermore New Member

Not rooted. I've never had it do this on any DROID I've ever owned. Usually it will keep prompting you like a Jack Russell terrior until you choose to update :)

I've never seen it get confused though that the update was successful even though the version hasn't changed and I clearly still have 4.1.1

I can't find the update on the HTC site yet either.... I don't want to have to do a factory reset if at all possible.
  6. Psykho

Psykho New Member

There was a small 16mb update on Friday it wasn't the 4.2. The 4.2 update started rolling out on Saturday and is 564mb. Like the post above said it comes out in waves so you should get it eventually...
  7. Nevermore

Nevermore New Member

This is what I show when I click on status. When I click on check for new, it does nothing, normally it would say device is up to date, but mine is not saying anything anymore... .. I'll try to be patient then, but I hate waiting ;-)

ForumRunner_20131208_145019.png
  8. Psykho

Psykho New Member

I've been using Android since the beginning and in my experience when there is an update out the check new will sometimes do nothing or sometimes say "server error please try again later" but I always get the update. Waiting does suck I usually check new twice an hour. I got lucky this time and I got it right when I woke up Saturday. Hang in there..
  9. Nevermore

Nevermore New Member

Thanks, I'll do that... Hope it's soon though
  10. Sherry

Sherry Member

Saw this yesterday and like you, when I clicked on Check for Updates, nothing happened. I powered off, left it alone for a few minutes and when I powered on I got a notice about an update. Went through the process but when I checked was still 4.1.1. I kept messing with it and about an hour later powered off again, left for a few minutes and when I powered on, checked for updates and got the notice there was one. It went through the process again and this time came up 4.2.2. This is the first time since the OG Droid I had to work to get an update, just spoiled. Hope yours comes through.
  11. Nevermore

Nevermore New Member

My first update showed up Friday and as of this morning, still waiting for the second.... Waiting sucks! I should be used to that though...
  12. Nevermore

Nevermore New Member

Finally got it! Wooohooo!
  13. omarlotfy

omarlotfy New Member

Please tell me how you got it !! i have the same problem here :(
  14. Nevermore

Nevermore New Member

I didn't have to do anything other than be patient. It ended up showing up again about 2 days later. I couldn't force it regardless of what I tried. Just hang in there and it should appear. Unless something else is messed up on your phone.
  15. omarlotfy

omarlotfy New Member

can i download the official rom ? and put it in my droid ?
  16. Nevermore

Nevermore New Member

No, you have to wait for it to come via ota... Unless you are rooted, but in that case you wouldn't even care about it because the ROM's already have these updates.
  17. Nevermore

Nevermore New Member

Come to think of it though, you should've received it by now regardless. It wouldn't take well over a month to come down. You might be better off wiping your phone (factory reset) and seeing if the updates come down that way.
Search tags for this page
droid dna can't find update

droid dna force update

droid dna not checking for updates

droid dna wont check for update

droid dna wont check for updates

droid dna wont update

force droid dna update
force update droid dna
galaxy s3 check dna

htc dna wont update

htc droid dna force update