DNA does nothing when I press check for updates

Nevermore

Reaction score
Went to get the update 2 nights ago and it appeared to be ready to go then I must have hit some button or whatever and that screen disappeared. Now when I hit status, it says the update was successful, yet nothing is different on the phone.

When I look at the properties of the phone it still shows 4.1.1

Every time that I hit check for updates now, nothing happens. It doesn't say checking for updates like it used to. Just sits and does nothing.

Any ideas how I can get that working? Any ideas how I can get that update?

I'm totally ticked off with this as I've never had this issue before and I really want this new update.

Thanks for any help!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Try rebooting... Shut it off for a few moments and then turn it back on...try it again....there's a way for moto phones to try to "force" the update.. But I don't think it works for HTC devices

MAXXED OUT!!!

OP
N

Nevermore

Reaction score
I have tried that about 5 times since this happened... I'm still hoping to see it prompt me again, but I worry because it thinks it's up to date

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Hmmmm. I know there's an update rolling out....updates usually roll out in waves.. But you said your device got it and then it didn't take...are you rooted at all?? Any bloat apps frozen???

I'm not really familiar with the DNA....is there an option to get the update straight from HTC on their website?? You might try that...

MAXXED OUT!!!

OP
N

Nevermore

Reaction score
Not rooted. I've never had it do this on any DROID I've ever owned. Usually it will keep prompting you like a Jack Russell terrior until you choose to update :)

I've never seen it get confused though that the update was successful even though the version hasn't changed and I clearly still have 4.1.1

I can't find the update on the HTC site yet either.... I don't want to have to do a factory reset if at all possible.

Psykho

Reaction score
There was a small 16mb update on Friday it wasn't the 4.2. The 4.2 update started rolling out on Saturday and is 564mb. Like the post above said it comes out in waves so you should get it eventually...

OP
N

Nevermore

Reaction score
This is what I show when I click on status. When I click on check for new, it does nothing, normally it would say device is up to date, but mine is not saying anything anymore... .. I'll try to be patient then, but I hate waiting ;-)

ForumRunner_20131208_145019.png

Psykho

Reaction score
I've been using Android since the beginning and in my experience when there is an update out the check new will sometimes do nothing or sometimes say "server error please try again later" but I always get the update. Waiting does suck I usually check new twice an hour. I got lucky this time and I got it right when I woke up Saturday. Hang in there..

OP
N

Nevermore

Reaction score
Thanks, I'll do that... Hope it's soon though

Sherry

Reaction score
Saw this yesterday and like you, when I clicked on Check for Updates, nothing happened. I powered off, left it alone for a few minutes and when I powered on I got a notice about an update. Went through the process but when I checked was still 4.1.1. I kept messing with it and about an hour later powered off again, left for a few minutes and when I powered on, checked for updates and got the notice there was one. It went through the process again and this time came up 4.2.2. This is the first time since the OG Droid I had to work to get an update, just spoiled. Hope yours comes through.

OP
N

Nevermore

Reaction score
My first update showed up Friday and as of this morning, still waiting for the second.... Waiting sucks! I should be used to that though...

OP
N

Nevermore

Reaction score
Please tell me how you got it !! i have the same problem here :(

I didn't have to do anything other than be patient. It ended up showing up again about 2 days later. I couldn't force it regardless of what I tried. Just hang in there and it should appear. Unless something else is messed up on your phone.

omarlotfy

Reaction score
I didn't have to do anything other than be patient. It ended up showing up again about 2 days later. I couldn't force it regardless of what I tried. Just hang in there and it should appear. Unless something else is messed up on your phone.

can i download the official rom ? and put it in my droid ?