Display power at 70%?!

Skyler

Reaction score
I baught the D2 device on the 31st of August. Prior to doing so I researched the phone along with the DX. I read up on the battery issue and ways to resolve it, and so I've been taking certain blogs advice (ie. turn data off when not using, not using live wallpaper, force stopping certain things when not using, turning the display brightness to low or automatic, etc.). So far I've been getting good use and life from the battery; the charge can last anywhere from 1 to 2 and a half days. However, while checking the battery stats and seeing what things are using how much paper I noticed that the display was fluctuating between 68 and 70%! Since I've had the phone and have taken actions to reduce power I was at a stable 30% What happened?

I don't know if anyone here is a Radiohead fan but their recent album, In Rainbows, came with some amazing, colorful pictures when downloaded, so I dumped the album and those pictures on to my phone and set one of them as the wallpaper. They are very bright pictures, so I thought that the intensity was making the display work harder which is why I took them off my phone. I am now using a stock wallpaper and the displayer power usage is still at 70%, and my normal day-to-day use of the phone hasn't changed. Everything is updated. I'm scratching my head. Any Ideas?

Thanks.

OP
S

Skyler

Reaction score
Thanks, Polymira. Have a good one.

Polymira

Reaction score
Sorry for the previous short reply, I was @ work and was interrupted as i typed so i just submitted it.

But the Droid 2 is my 3rd Android phone, and the screen always takes about 70% or more of the battery life compared to everything else. As long as you can get through the day on one charge, it's 100% normal. =)