Disney Is Ditching Netflix

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yeah, as many of you mention, the Mouse owns quite a bit of channels including all of your ESPN channels (sports), ABC, and the channels you guys already mentioned.

Now will Disney bother messing with their sports channel (ESPN), likely not because they already got cord cutters investing in companies like SlingTV, Youtube TV, etc for the sports. They are just going to double dip and get them on their Disney stuff.

Plus you have DC trying to launch a streaming service. Basically the cable companies realize streaming services are where the money is at. And if they can get the feds to ease up on net neutrality then they really going to go wild.

It's going to be pick your poison, go with the cord or without the cord but they are going to find a way to get paid.

So cordcutters need to be mindful that all their efforts in cutting to cord to save money do not end up with them being nickel and dimed to get a high speed internet package + streaming service for channels and sports (ie Sling/Youtube/Apple/Direct TV Now), Netflix, Hulu, HBO Now, Disney streaming for the kids, etc to where the end result end up being more than the expensive cable package that caused us to cut the cord from the beginning.

OP
danDroid

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This competition between all of the streaming services will be great for those that actually create the content. Every company is going to be top dollar for the next big hit series.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
when I cut the cord about 10 years ago, one of the first things I did was to scale up on my internet service. I hate buffering. then I purchased the cheapest walmart computer I could find and put them all of my tvs. I only subscribe to two services, netflix and amazon, though I mainly use amazon for shipping. I hate their prime interface on the computer. anyway, my initial costs paid for itself in 6 months.

what disney and other streaming services are forgetting that a lot of cord cutters at this point have a bit more experience when it comes to finding shows and movies online for free. Disney will not be cheap, I doubt it will be under 10 bucks a month when they go live. I am almost willing to bet it will be closer to 20. their channels already have some of the highest fees in the cable industry. I sure won't pay it in addition to the others I have.

as the previous post said, cord cutters have to mindful when it comes to fees and equipment. It can get very expensive if they are not careful.