Disappearing Icons?

jtpowell

Reaction score
Is anyone having icons disappear. It is still in its right location with the right name but has a blue gear instead of the proper image icon.

OP
jtpowell

jtpowell

Reaction score
Haven't experienced that? Are you using a different launcher or icon pack?
All stock. The icons that this happens to changes. Sometimes it's one and sometimes another. Look at PicMe and Network Discovery in the screenshot.

lowboydrvr

Reaction score
I also had this happen to me with an app called Password Safe. The same blue icon showed up for no apparent reason. It corrected itself a little while later. Hasn't happened since then. Wierd.

OP
jtpowell

jtpowell

Reaction score
I also had this happen to me with an app called Password Safe. The same blue icon showed up for no apparent reason. It corrected itself a little while later. Hasn't happened since then. Wierd.
Same here they will turn normal later and something else will be blue.

Dave605

Reaction score
Missing Icons replaced with Gears

I am also having the same problem and the phone was a replacement one for one that I just purchased, looks like another trip to the Verizon Store or another hour on the phone with Motorola. Does anyone have a fix for this?

Dave605

OP
jtpowell

jtpowell

Reaction score
I am also having the same problem and the phone was a replacement one for one that I just purchased, looks like another trip to the Verizon Store or another hour on the phone with Motorola. Does anyone have a fix for this?

Dave605
I don't think this is a hardware issue. Replacing the phone isn't going to fix it an OS update will.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Are those apps installed on the SD card?

OP
jtpowell

jtpowell

Reaction score
Are those apps installed on the SD card?
You can't install the apps on the real sd card. They are in internal storage or the media storage which shows up as sdcard (not ext-sdcard)
Anyway all my apps are on internal storage and I still get that.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Hmm, guess I never noticed this phone couldn't do that I was always assumed it would. I never checked because the internal storage is so large there isn't much need. That is strange that man I have not seen that on mine yet.