Disappearing Contacts.

Stephanizzzz

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
samsung Galaxy note10
I have a Nokia 3.1 and my contacts keep disappearing. I have to login to my google account and restore them as they are all gone from there to. I have to restore items from upto a month before and my contacts come back in my google account and back on my phone. So something is deleting them on both, I only use my phone for calls and texting. No social media and no apps other than what came with phone. Only thing new is a new software update two weeks ago, which is when this started.
I think its a software issue and google needs ro resolve.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
It sounds weird issue ...are you checking your contacts on Google thru computer ?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
What app are you using to sync your Google contacts? The Google Contacts app, or one that came with the phone originally? Also, is Power Saving mode turned On? I have read that power saving mode can sometimes stop the Contact sync on certain phones.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Caelan Beake

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
samsung note 2
Looks like an issue on the software update. You should report it to Google if it is the case. It is really important that you get to make a back up of important information saved on your phone especially that these unfortunate things happen. I hope it gets resolved and please let us know.