Dirt in Charger Port,Any Ideas

neilrl79

Reaction score
Has anyone come up with a way to keep dirt out of the charger port on the Droid1? It seems like a very poor design to not havde a rubber plug for it.

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
I had seen a post similar to this one previously, someone had found a universal micro usb rubber plug on ebay, might check there.

SANhacker

Reaction score
The Otter Box case comes with a plug for the USB and audio port.
I love it. Well, ok, I'm happy with it.

OP
neilrl79

neilrl79

Reaction score
I searched the forum and couldn't find anything on this issue. I've seen the otterbox cases for the i phone it seems huge, I like to be able to put it in my pocket comfortably.

SANhacker

Reaction score
I put the Otter Box case in my pocket quite comfortably. It is only slightly larger than the Seidio case I had previously. I can't really tell the difference.

You could always spend ~$20 for the case and cut off the USB and audio plugs. Then throw the case away. :)

OP
neilrl79

neilrl79

Reaction score
I used to have a bodyglove case but it lasted about a week before I pulled it off. Just seemed bulky. Is the otterbox bigger than the bodyglove?

SANhacker

Reaction score
Sorry. Never used the Body Glove but from what I have heard they go Seidio, Otter Box then Body Glove in terms of size. Just hearsay so YMMV. Might want to check out the Accessories forum for more details.

OP
neilrl79

neilrl79

Reaction score
I ordered the micro usb & headphone jack plugs. The only thing is that they charge $5 for shipping on an order that was $3.99. Still $8.99 isn't a bad price to keep all the dirt and junk out.

Nibbz

Reaction score
to clean it out you could use a can of compressed air correct?

onmyway

Reaction score
One of those places where we have a lot of sweet t
Current Phone Model
G N 4
Silly putty was the last bright idea I saw....can of air works too.

I used velcro one day....

I had some stress putty I used on my Blkberry....once upon an once upon a time....I like the silly putty idea. The joke then becomes getting the putty grit free....grin