Potential charger damage, should I plug it in?

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by divinati, Oct 13, 2010.

1. divinati

divinati New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm using the stock charger that comes with the Motorola Droid. I was sitting at my desk this evening when I heard a fizzling type of sound. I had a soda on the table that was perspiring, and I saw the fizzling came from the plug end of my charger cord, which was in a small pool of water from my drink. The water on the tabletop was black, which, correct me if I'm wrong, would be due to electroplating. Electroplating - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. The rubber around the charger was warmer than normal, so I unplugged it, wiped off the water, and set it next to a fan to dry. Anyway, could that have damaged the internal contacts in my charger cord in a way that could short out/damage my phone when plugged in? Is it worth risking it to plug it in, or should I just buy a new charger tomorrow?

2. dlwhtrose

dlwhtrose DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad Premium Member

God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    Ratings:
    +1
    To be on the safe side I would probably go to Verizon and buy a new Motorola charger. Make sure you do not but an off brand because the droids do some pretty funny things when charged by a non Motorola charger. I have seen in some cases the phones totally go crazy and have to be replaced due to a replacement charger that is not Motorola.

Search tags for this page
can a damaged charger damage my android phone
charger potential king
my phone charger makes my phone go crazy
my phone charger was plugged in and was sitting in a bowl of
phone charger makes phone go crazy
plugged in charger with water damage

potential king charger

potential king potential charger
why does my charger make my phone go crazy
why does phone go crazy when i plug in charger