DInc 2 or Droid X

ChuckG73

Reaction score
I have been looking and looking. If you were in the market right now, which would you go with and why? I have the Droid X and am on day 7 and like the phone quiet a bit. But am intrigued by the Inc 2.

Thanks

Reaction score
Droid incredible 2 definitely. It has a front facing camera and I assume a more optimized 1ghz processor, more ram as well.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

him

Reaction score
Inc2. I have a droid X now and upgrading for the look and feel. Not to mention the camera on the inc seemed to take better pics from my exp as wel ass the front facing camera, if tht is important to you.

Some people will say motoblur but it doesnt bother me. I'm also dont buy year old gadgets. The X is a great phone so cant go wrong with that either.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Incredible 2. While the Incredible 2 isn't completely cutting edge, the X is nearly a year old and is lacking some things that are quickly becoming common place. The Incredible 2 is also likely to be supported with OS updates for a longer period of time from here on out than the X since it is new. The better quality screen, front facing camera, and global capabilities are all more than enough to want the Incredible 2 over the X at this point.

Plus, the X 2 is supposed to be right around the corner.

OP
ChuckG73

ChuckG73

Reaction score
I purchased the Inc 2 today....It was hard seeing them take back my X, but this should hold me over until the BIONIC :)

Thanks for your opinions.

coldhardtruth

Reaction score
Are u for real? Incredible 2. The X is one of the worst Droids ever.

Sent from my Ultimate 2.3.3 Incredible

OP
ChuckG73

ChuckG73

Reaction score
I was running a the leaked 2.3 for the X and it was beautiful...I just hope since the Incredible S has GB that the Inc 2 will get it soon.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
The Inc2 should get GB over the summer, around July. I'm still considering this very seriously. Thinking about an outright purchase since I consider the Verizon price good in comparison to others and save my upgrade for a more expensive phone in the future.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL

First time i have ever heard that. How do you figure?

Yeah, you don't ever hear anyone say that. Not taking into account the encrypted bootloader issue, the Droid X is considered to be one of the best Droids yet. It never had much in the way of serious bugs, and it has phenomenal battery life for a screen that size.

turdbogls

Reaction score

First time i have ever heard that. How do you figure?

Yeah, you don't ever hear anyone say that. Not taking into account the encrypted bootloader issue, the Droid X is considered to be one of the best Droids yet. It never had much in the way of serious bugs, and it has phenomenal battery life for a screen that size.

this is the same guy that lumped samsung and motorola into one "crap company" category. sounds like he is just an HTC head (which isn't bad at all) and thinks everything else out there is crap. i wouldn't take him to seriously.

and i agree, the X is still an amazing phone. with GB on it, this thing is Freaking FAST. however i went into a verizon store yesterday to check out the Inc 2, and it was sitting right next to the DX....there is nothing about the stock X that i liked...lol felt SOOOOO SLOOOW in comparrison to the inc2. however i put it up a speed test agenst my DX (stock speed but on GB leak) and my X was slightsly faster (browser and opening up some apps from a closed stat)

with GB on the Inc 2 is is going to fly. plus it has the FF camera and a nicer main shooter IMO. both are great, but they arent as far off as this other guy is saying.

cvhovey

Reaction score
The Inc2 should get GB over the summer, around July. I'm still considering this very seriously. Thinking about an outright purchase since I consider the Verizon price good in comparison to others and save my upgrade for a more expensive phone in the future.

That's exactly what I did, making an outright purchase. The price is so good that I'd rather save my next upgrade for something even better. Love the front facing camera for video chat with my wife. I'd have stuck with my Droid X or considered the X2 if either had a front facing camera. Just hoping all the devs haven't run off to the TBolt, Xoom, etc. as I'd like to root my Dinc2 and get rid of VZWs bloatware when there's a good custom ROM available.

frosty1216

Reaction score
Incredible 2 over the X

I have owned both the X (with 2.3) and the Inc 2 and I would have to say the X with 2.3 is nice but HTC seems to do a lot of things with their Sense UI that the X surely lacks such as linking profiles together and grouping up multiple contacts of the same name and so on. The X lacking a front facing camera with the 2.3.4 update coming out will surely put the Inc 2 over in choosing between the two in my opinion. After owning both and going from the X to the Inc 2 I would say that the HTC phone is the way to go.

I hear people complaining about the battery life on the Inc 2 but I can get a full days use out of it with texting, emailing surfing the web and playing 3D intense games. Maybe I got lucky with my battery, I dont know. I certainly look forward to it being faster once GB comes out!dancedroid