Different reported camera issue

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I know that many of us have complained about the long lag time it takes while taking a picture. Most of this say this is shutter speed. I just set my MP from 5 to 3, and it takes pictures a crap load faster. I'm thinking the lag isn't from shutter speed, i'm thinking it has something to do with how it saves the pictures.

Try both ways and see what you think.

Droider

Reaction score
Has anyone tried a faster than Class 2 SD card to see if it improves the speed of saving camera pics?

OP
New2u

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It apparently still doesn't solve any graininess issues but it does seem to me at least that it snaps alot faster.

ChrisK15

Reaction score
Yeah, I use 2MP which is even faster than 3MP. It's almost like for every megapixel it captures, it takes 1 second to save it.

Droider

Reaction score
Has anyone tried a faster than Class 2 SD card to see if it improves the speed of saving camera pics?

I'll answer my own question. After digging through my gadgets, I found a Class 6 micro SD card in a camcorder. The Class 6 card does seem to shave about a half second, maybe a little more, from the save time. However, part of the problem with being able to quickly take a second picture is that after the save has completed, then the phone displays the "completed" picture on the screen for an extra second or so, even though you've been looking at it on the screen for the 2-3 seconds it takes to save. I don't see any settings to change to prevent this extra time for viewing your picture after the save has completed. Perhaps some better, alternate camera apps will be developed.