Widgets loading slow on homescreen! Any suggestions?

TopDroid

Reaction score
Ok,Im not a noob (nor an expert) but this may be a noob question. lol
Im running Sapphire with stock 1ghz kernel with 928Droid Black Glass theme and ADW. The problem Im running into is whenever I go into the browser, text messages, or any other app for that matter which takes me away from my homescreen,it takes a little while for my widgets to re-load. It takes about 5-8 secs for me to be able to switch from one screen to the next and for my widgets to re-load. I have a good amount of widgets on my screens but nothing crazy. Same amout as most people i would guess. I want SPEED! I want to be able to switch from one app to homescreen or browser to homescreen without this lag or reloading issue. Does anybody have any suggestions on what to do or how to SPEED things up?

I was thinking about flashing a faster kernel but Im not sure. What do yall think?
Thanks guys!!

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have Sapphire with the built in kernel plus roberj3's Blue Energy theme. Everything works very well. Try removing the ADW and see if that helps.

Mike

OP
TopDroid

TopDroid

Reaction score
I have Sapphire with the built in kernel plus roberj3's Blue Energy theme. Everything works very well. Try removing the ADW and see if that helps.

Mike

Ill give it a shot. Thanks! Are u running a home launcher or are u just stock home?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just stock. I've never used a launcher or task killer because I feel they cause more problems that they solve. Just my opinion.

Mike