1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Different Profiles??

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by boston2you, Nov 16, 2010.

1. boston2you

boston2you New Member

Hi,
    Hope this isnt a stupid question but on my blackberry I had different profiles set up. Like a night mode which only notified me of texts and phone calls but silenced everything else. Is there a way to set that up on the droid??

Thanks much:)
  2. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

Tasker in the Market is great for setting up different profiles
  3. musicman

musicman New Member

Bedside will do what you mentioned.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  4. boston2you

boston2you New Member

I searched for it and there are a lot of different ones. Which one are u referring to? Also, thanks for your quick reply! This has been drivin me nuts for weeks!
  5. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

6. takeshi

takeshi New Member

There are a number of profiles apps out there. Just be aware that profiles on Android aren't exactly like they are on the BB. The BB does a very good job of centralizing all alerts (vibrate, sound & LED). With Android, the profiles will be limited.

While Tasker will do this there are more appliance-like apps if you just want profiles without Tasker's learning curve. I personally liked Profiles by egg n stone. You might want to search on profiles and read the various threads for other suggestions as this is a commonly discussed topic.
Search tags for this page

different profiles on droid

set up different profiles on android
what are the differences in profiles on my android
why does the droid x have different profiles