Different Notifications for Different Email Accounts

BillyV_71

Reaction score
I recently switched from a Jailbroken iPhone to a Droid X. Is there an app (or apps) that will allow me to customize a notification per the account is received from? (i.e Yahoo = Sonar, Exchange = Ping). Something like the functionality found in a blackberry?

Purgatory

Reaction score
if you are using gmail, there is an app called "gmail notifier" which allows you to customize your notifications, and I assume you are pulling all emails into gmail to make it easy on yourself and your phone with battery life and how quickly you get an email.

OP
B

BillyV_71

Reaction score
if you are using gmail, there is an app called "gmail notifier" which allows you to customize your notifications, and I assume you are pulling all emails into gmail to make it easy on yourself and your phone with battery life and how quickly you get an email.

Um...no. I'm a newbie. How do I do that?

harrellj

Reaction score
An alternative is to use a separate email app (like k-9). This way notifications can be set up for each individual account but yet still have a unified inbox.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I assume you are pulling all emails into gmail to make it easy on yourself and your phone with battery life and how quickly you get an email.
If the accounts are pull that would be beneficial but there are non-gmail accounts that are push.

Actually, Yahoo and Exchange are both likely to be push if set up correctly.