Sound Profile Needed - Seperate Texts from other notifications

flapaul

Reaction score
I am in search of Sound Profiles App which can be selective of "Text Messages" different from other types of notification sounds. I need a "night" mode which mutes some notifications (ie new email pings, etc) BUT does NOT mute incoming text messages. Looking for Droid 2.1 or 2.2 compatible. All the apps I have seen its all or nothing for notifcations.

Anyone know of an app which allows selective sounds for different types of notifications?

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
This doesn't address adjusting levels but you can set notifications in each app (assuming the app has the capability). I'd suggest starting there. The notification setting via Settings only sets the generic system notification. It can be separate from your app notifications.

OP
F

flapaul

Reaction score
Ultimate Goal

Thanks for the input. What I am trying to achive is that when I am sleeping, I ONLY want hear phone ring AND Text Message notification (As I am on-call and alerted by a call or text). I dont want to be awakened for email.

Sound profiles I have seen allow a profile (which I call night), and select what sounds are on and off, but only one global setting for "notifications".

smiller1971

Reaction score
Re: Custom Sound Profile(s)

Hi, did you ever figure out how to do this? I need the same thing for night and work - mute emails and vibrate for calls/texts at work, but just mute emails at night/sound normal for everything else. Thanks!

Thanks for the input. What I am trying to achive is that when I am sleeping, I ONLY want hear phone ring AND Text Message notification (As I am on-call and alerted by a call or text). I dont want to be awakened for email.

Sound profiles I have seen allow a profile (which I call night), and select what sounds are on and off, but only one global setting for "notifications".

OP
F

flapaul

Reaction score
Search for Whoisit

Hi, did you ever figure out how to do this? I need the same thing for night and work - mute emails and vibrate for calls/texts at work, but just mute emails at night/sound normal for everything else. Thanks!

App is called Whoisit. Takes a bit of work to get it configured, but does everything you need. In my "night" setting, no texts have sounds except of emergency alerts from work. Look at "VIP" settings for those contacts you want to over-ride the mute settings.
""