Different Notification Settings

bf140

Reaction score
Howdy all,

I had a Blackberry before I got my droid. One of the great features of the BlackBerry was that I could set different notification settings for different situations. For example, in addition to the usual silent, airplane mode, normal, etc, I also had a custom one called Pager where the only notification sounds that were played were when I received a text message from the paging system at my workplace. Everything else was silent.

I work night shift, and not having to wake up for every email, text message, or phone call would help me sleep a lot better! I can't find anywhere to customize this on my Droid (D1), though. Thoughts/suggestions? Do any of the newer Droids (I was looking at a droid pro) have this functionality?

Thanks!

nemisis9

Reaction score
U can use sms popup from the market. U can customize each person and set a different led color as well. And there's a few other things u can do as well but I havnt played with it all that much.

Sent from my DROID2

John.Edwards

Reaction score
I found an app named Audio Profile manager which has been working perfectly on the Droid. You can add as many schedules as you want, and all I needed was a time-based scheduler. There are some location based profile products as well - and some can control more than just notifications....
Go SMS is a nice SMS replacement as well, and has custom notifications per contact as an option.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Howdy all,

I had a Blackberry before I got my droid. One of the great features of the BlackBerry was that I could set different notification settings for different situations. For example, in addition to the usual silent, airplane mode, normal, etc, I also had a custom one called Pager where the only notification sounds that were played were when I received a text message from the paging system at my workplace. Everything else was silent.

I work night shift, and not having to wake up for every email, text message, or phone call would help me sleep a lot better! I can't find anywhere to customize this on my Droid (D1), though. Thoughts/suggestions? Do any of the newer Droids (I was looking at a droid pro) have this functionality?

Thanks!

I think I may have found something for you.

Download CallShield Pro for your Android phone on AppBrain

If that isn't what you are looking for, check around appbrain.com. I used the search of "Custom Silent Mode" and there were many different apps. And while I don't mind helping, I didn't look at everything available. ;)

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you'll recall, those were called profiles in the BB world. Search for profile apps. There are plenty to choose from in the Android world and they even add some functionality that the BB didn't have. What's missing in Android though is the fully centralized management of all alerts that the BB had.

awjones

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Howdy all,

Thanks!

You can give WhoIsIt a try. It allows you to set contact-specific ringtone and vibration profiles for Gmail, SMS, MMS, GTalk, GVoice, and K-9. You can also define different profiles (Home, Work, School, etc) and then define different volume levels, vibration settings and more within each profile. I'm actually the developer of WhoIsIt. You can check it out here:

http://market.android.com/details?id=com.handyandy.whoisit

Thanks!

-Andy