Different Lockscreen, Liberty GB 0.5

frankjaegar

Reaction score
I'm on Liberty GB 0.5, but this is more of a universal question.
I see that there are some themes out there, but none of them really suit my fancy. So I just have a simple question... is there any way to change my damn lockscreen? I just hate Moto's tabs so much. They're so ugly.

This was inspired by when I caught sight of my old OG Droid in my drawer, and started reminiscing about DarkEdge... anyone remember that? Most beautiful theme ever. It was less of a Theme and more of a straight up transformation pack. I wish I could get Android looking like that again.
Those were the days.

Anyways, yeah. New lock screen. Thanks guys.

Filthee

Reaction score
Check out WidgetLocker on the market. There are other lockscreen apps out there, but none that stand up to WL imo.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
F

frankjaegar

Reaction score
I tried WidgetLocker to disastrous results. It was version 2.02 I believe, and even after several tests every time it ended in my phone running at about 1000 degrees, having about a 1 hour battery life and both WidgetLocker's and my phone's performance were awful. Perhaps I was doing something wrong and someone could point me in the right direction, but it wasn't pleasant.

drewlamo1

Reaction score
ive never had a problem with it, app is on my must have list.
the newest version comes with the ability to theme built in.
once you install it you can download themes and pick and choose what you want for each individual slider.
my phone runs nice and cool with it on and my battery is fine.

if you already purchased it id give it another go, unless you did the refund.
i give it 5 stars for my opinion, and there is tons of themes created for it already

drum747

Reaction score
Widgetlocker is a great app.

Sent from my GTablet using DroidForums

OP
F

frankjaegar

Reaction score
I will give it another go, because you all told me to and obviously I'm a victim of peer pressure... but if I catch on fire, you all are going to feel mighty guilty!
What method do y'all use to disable the stock lockscreen?

dlion16

Reaction score
simply lockscreen is pretty good, and free, but i can't get all the items i want to display even though i check them off. i get date and time only, but it works for me. (on lgb .5)

OP
F

frankjaegar

Reaction score
Does widgetlocker have a built in function to disable the stock lockscreen?