Desperately seeking help...

clodoveo

Reaction score
I really REALLY need this phone to work for me by tonight...

I just changed from Droid X to a thunderbolt (after hours of problems...) now here I am trying to get Thunderbolt. The problem is it won't pick up 3G!!! (I am in 3g area in Virginia) And I have only seen it pick up 3g for 2 minutes ONCE! My droid x was picking up 3g fine and now blah...I googled it and have tried doing things like dialing the **numbers and hitting "enable" etc...but no avail! (I also tried changing it to CDMA only or w/e)
It barely stays at 1x...I am not paying $200 month for this crap!!:icon_evil:

OFC called Verizon like 5 times and their best thing is trouble ticket and restart phone ZZZzzzzzz

/rant sorry

Help please!

Reaction score
I've never had trouble picking up 3g but if you're in a 3g only area you can try loading LTE On/Off from the market and following the directions to set your phone to 3g only so it won't search for LTE. That may help.

Wulalowe

Reaction score
My friend had this issue when he first activated his thunderbolt, we called Verizon and they told us that the sim card might be bad. They had us contact another local store and let them know that we would be coming in to pick up a replacement sim (no charge/same day). By the time we got there his phone was picking up 3g again, but if yours doesn't resolve soon my guess is that you need to get a replacement SIM from verizon.