Thunderbolt is Garbage!Grr...

clodoveo

Reaction score
I just changed from Droid X to a thunderbolt (after hours of problems...) now here I am trying to get Thunderbolt. The problem is it won't pick up 3G!!! (I am in 3g area in Virginia) And I have only seen it pick up 3g for 2 minutes ONCE! My droid x was picking up 3g fine and now blah...I googled it and have tried doing things like dialing the **numbers and hitting "enable" etc...but no avail! (I also tried changing it to CDMA only or w/e)
It barely stays at 1x...I am not paying $200 month for this crap!!:icon_evil:

OFC called Verizon like 5 times and their best thing is trouble ticket and restart phone ZZZzzzzzz

/rant sorry

Help please!

ConqSoft

Reaction score
Take it into the local Verizon store. If they see it not getting signal, and other phones in the store are, then they can troubleshoot and/or replace it.

OP
C

clodoveo

Reaction score
Take it into the local Verizon store. If they see it not getting signal, and other phones in the store are, then they can troubleshoot and/or replace it.

Do you think they will replace it if I got it from a friend and don't have receipt? The warranty is still in place so...

littlerick

Reaction score
If you got it from a friend then there is no warranty. It only covers the original buyer. I've found this out the hard way.

OP
C

clodoveo

Reaction score
I bought the sim card, yesterday ...right before activating it...

Last edited by a moderator:

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
just ignore people who say you're whining when something is wrong with your phone, man. best bet is just go to verizon store and have them take a look. since you just bought it, they'll replace it for you if its something thats not fixable...

EDIT: Sorry didn't realize its from a friend. Well you can still take it in to verizon they may be able to take a look at it. They won't replace it though

Last edited by a moderator:

CoOkMaYnE

Reaction score
Kick your friend in the face for selling you a bunk phone

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You can also address it with HTC directly. VZW probably won't help with a warranty issue, but the manufacturer may.

illmatic636

Reaction score
Give it back and keep your X. IMO, you down graded to an HTC phone. I'll never buy HTC again. JMHO.

Good luck!

kookk

Reaction score
There is obviously something wrong with it. You can't claim and entire line of phones suck from one faulty unit.

My thunderbolt gets better reception than both my d1 and x2, this isn't a problem that's spans the entire line

Sent from my ThunderBolt using DroidForums

turdbogls

Reaction score
Give it back and keep your X. IMO, you down graded to an HTC phone. I'll never buy HTC again. JMHO.

Good luck!

to each their own, i will personally never go back to a moto phone. sense is 10x smoother than blur ever was and i get better reception and in call quality than my DX ever did.
i was all about moto before, but the TB changed my mind for me.

to the OP, the TB is actually pretty solid after the latest update (besides crappy battery life) it is still the best phone on verizon right now IMO.
go to verizon and get a new SIM card. download LTE switch from the market and choose CDMA auto and you should be good.

****Do NOT dial *228 with a 4G phone, as i heard it will mess up the sim card. i think verizon blocked that feature on 4G phones, but dont even try it****