Deodex the new leak?

maderschramm

Reaction score
How do I manually deodex the new leak from tbh? I know I can just remove all the odex files with a rm * adb command; however, they will return on reboot. Is there something I have to edit in the file itself or what's the deal?

Big0013

Reaction score
Its already deodexed

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
maderschramm

maderschramm

Reaction score
Hmm...you sure? I just checked /system/framework and /system/app and there are still .odex files there

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Big0013

Reaction score
Hmm thats weird there are none in mine. Were you deodexed before you installed the leak.

Big0013

Reaction score
You can always run the apex rom its deodexed. Did you use the full sbf file or the update zip? I used the update zip from the black hat app it is deodexed. You have to format your system then mount it before the install.

OP
maderschramm

maderschramm

Reaction score
I sbfed - hence the reason its not deodexed. I don't want to install a rom... I could apply the update.zip but I really would rather learn how to do it myself

Big0013

Reaction score
I sbfed - hence the reason its not deodexed. I don't want to install a rom... I could apply the update.zip but I really would rather learn how to do it myself.

Then look up the program xultimate by xeudoxus it will help to deodex your files our you can wipe your system files in recovery and install the 2.3.320 zip it will re write your system files. Good luck.

OP
maderschramm

maderschramm

Reaction score
The problem with that is that that's a deodex from 2.2 not 2.2.1 to my knowledge. Im pretty sure it would make a difference and possibly brick me. Basically what xultimate does is it contains premade /system files in my understanding

Big0013

Reaction score
the easiest way would be to get the system files from the update zip like I said earlier. But if you are just looking for a challenge and want to do it manually then let me know how you did it.

Big0013

Reaction score
You will have to hit up jesusfrekes page and grab samli/baksmali and use it to deodex those odex files I truely don't know how but I figure I can point you in the right direction good luck.

OP
maderschramm

maderschramm

Reaction score
Well I know how to remove the .odex files. It's as simple as running a rm *.odex command from adb. The question is how to prevent them from coming back.