deleting text messages????!!!

xmr210x

Reaction score
i need to know how to completely delete text messages. i can get them off of the actual text message app, but if i go to contacts parts of the message will still be there. help a playa out lol. need some hel asap on this. thanks

kepley

Reaction score
Lol, what do you mean if you go to Contacts part of the message will still be there?

supahrob

Reaction score
Tiger? Is that you? LOL j/k

I dunno - I just checked mine and when I delete em, they're gone. I checked in the contacts and I dont see the message there either. So I don't have an answer for you, I just didn't want you to think everyone was ignoring your issue :)

Take care,
Rob

OP
X

xmr210x

Reaction score
ok ill hit delete all threads. it will take it off of the messaging app. but if i got to a specific contact that ive been exchanging texts with, and slide over i guess to the history portion of that contact. some of the messages will show up there, even tho ive already deleted from the messaging app

OP
X

xmr210x

Reaction score
if i go to a specific contatc that ive been messaging and slide left to history, messages will show up... and if i try to delete em the only option it give me is to delete the contact. oh well thanks for your help.

harvardqpham

Reaction score
if i go to a specific contatc that ive been messaging and slide left to history, messages will show up... and if i try to delete em the only option it give me is to delete the contact. oh well thanks for your help.

i just tried doing the same thing you're doing and it does delete from Text Messages, but in Contact History, it's still there. even if u click on it, it pops up with a box that says "Message not available". i hope this is a bug they fix...so much for my sent messages being completely anonymous!

phatkat66

Reaction score
theres already a thread on this. They havent found the answers either

tj1772

Reaction score
Check your settings. Is there an option for archived. I'm not sure because mine does not to that.

Super Turtleman

Reaction score
Check your settings. Is there an option for archived. I'm not sure because mine does not to that.

If it's a Droid X it probably does. Pull up a contact you've texted with...at the top of the screen (above the name) on the right hand side you will see 3 dots with one being red. If you swipe side ways you will see a page for social notifications one way and a page for text history the other way. It's in there. Need to figure out how to stop that.

OP
X

xmr210x

Reaction score

If it's a Droid X it probably does. Pull up a contact you've texted with...at the top of the screen (above the name) on the right hand side you will see 3 dots with one being red. If you swipe side ways you will see a page for social notifications one way and a page for text history the other way. It's in there. Need to figure out how to stop that.

exactly! unacceptable

wmscottmc

Reaction score
Is this a Droid X issue, or is this an issue on all Android 2.1 phones? Any idea if 2.2 will allow clearing this history?