deleting text messages????!!!

Cheeba

Reaction score
Check your settings. Is there an option for archived. I'm not sure because mine does not to that.

If it's a Droid X it probably does. Pull up a contact you've texted with...at the top of the screen (above the name) on the right hand side you will see 3 dots with one being red. If you swipe side ways you will see a page for social notifications one way and a page for text history the other way. It's in there. Need to figure out how to stop that.

Wow you are right! Glad you brought it to my attention. Could be consequences if left unchecked! They need to fix this! hopefully 2.2 will rectify the issue.

spear00

Reaction score
Any new info?

Wondering if anyone found a solution to this one?

outkastragtop

Reaction score
I have found ONE solution but its a royal pain. Go to the contact and under options theres an option to "unlink" contact. Do that and it erases their messages...although this hasnt worked on ALL of the contacts I've done it to, it has gotten rid of the texts that i reallllllly needed to be erased lol. THIS AINT GOOD.

Super Turtleman

Reaction score
I noticed it only goes back a certain amount of time and mine says the message is unavailable (when you tap it) after it's deleted. However, a good portion of the beginning of the text message is there for viewing...possible trouble for those trying not to get busted. Beware!!!