Deleting email from Hotmail Account

pcfdmaddog

Reaction score
I have a Droid X and I am wondering if there is a way to delete email from my phone and email account at the same time. After deleting the emails from my phone, they still show up when i log into my Hotmail account.

Is there a way to fix this?

yuusharo

Reaction score
It sounds like you setup hotmail on your phone as a POP3 account. This is the older email protocol that won't sync with hotmail in the cloud. Luckily, there is a way!

Delete that email account from your phone, and setup a new "Corporate Sync" account. The username will be your full email address, and for the Exchange server use "m.hotmail.com" without the quotes. This will set you up using Exchange ActiveSync, which hotmail finally supports. Now all the changes you make on your phone will sync back to hotmail. It will also sync your contacts and calendars too, if you'd like.

OP
P

pcfdmaddog

Reaction score
Yuusharo,

Thanks for the help. It fixed my issue.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

blueshadow_33

Reaction score
Does the changes on the server happen quickly? I followed the instructions to set up the corporate sync account as described above - it worked partially in that I can know see my hotmail folders - however, emails deleted on the phone still show up on the server version of hotmail.

yuusharo

Reaction score
Does the changes on the server happen quickly? I followed the instructions to set up the corporate sync account as described above - it worked partially in that I can know see my hotmail folders - however, emails deleted on the phone still show up on the server version of hotmail.

Its usually pretty quick, since it uses ActiveSync push technology. But I have noticed that sometimes it doesn't push the changes to the server right away. If you need it instantly done, you can simply hit the refresh button in the top left corner. Otherwise, just leave it alone and it should eventually sync up.

sjmerlo

Reaction score
Would I also be able to setup my Verizon.net email as a Corporate Sync?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App