Syncing Hotmail with Droid X

baker355

Reaction score
Does anyone know how many different email accounts the X will sync? I have Gmail, and Hotmail. The hotmail doesn't seem to want to sync for me. I read that it needs to be set up in a corporate sync account instead of the basic email account. I set up hotmail in corporate sync, and I can recieve/send email just fine. However when I delete an email on my phone, then open hotmail on the PC the email is still there. I would appreciate any thoughts you have on this. Thanks

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
X should be able to use any POP3 or IMAP accounts....

ClumsyNinja21

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Hotmail and att get set up the same way. So if I remember correctly u can use the yahoo mail app in market. That's what I used for att and it says hotmail too

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

joe.bob

Reaction score
If you open the hotmail account on your x and hit the menu button, then account settings, then scroll down to incoming settings, and you'll see an option for mail deletion with a pull-down, select when I delete. That's all I had to do. Oh and my hotmail account is setup using the standard email app, not corporate and it works just like it should

Tarasco

Reaction score
If you open the hotmail account on your x and hit the menu button, then account settings, then scroll down to incoming settings, and you'll see an option for mail deletion with a pull-down, select when I delete. That's all I had to do. Oh and my hotmail account is setup using the standard email app, not corporate and it works just like it should

This sounds like it would work great, but unfortunately my pull down for mail deletion only has "delete messages older than" and amounts of time. So I don't have the option to select "when I delete" unless I'm missing something. I have a Motorola in case that makes a difference.

joe.bob

Reaction score
which moto? I have the moto droid x, and the drop-down for "delete email from server" has two options: Never, and When I delete from inbox.

Tarasco

Reaction score
It's a Motorola DroidX. It says it's Android version 2.2.1, and system version 2.3.340.MB810.Verizon.en.US. As you can probably tell I'm not too fluent in all this stuff.

I tried looking all over and can't find the drop down you are talking about. I have a friend with the same model and probelm and he can't find it either.

joe.bob

Reaction score
Are you still stock? Meaning have you rooted and/or rommed your x? Forgive me, I suppose I should have mentioned I'm on liberty rom, may be the difference in what we're seeing

Tarasco

Reaction score
Yes, I'm still stock. That sounds like it's the difference.

joe.bob

Reaction score
Well you got the latest version for everything on the x, so if you decide to root and/or rom it opens a lot of doors in terms of what your phone is capable of doing. There's lots of threads through the forums about doing so.

matjmonk

Reaction score
Are you still stock? Meaning have you rooted and/or rommed your x? Forgive me, I suppose I should have mentioned I'm on liberty rom, may be the difference in what we're seeing

I also don't have an option for "delete from phone" under my Hotmail options either in the account settings or the settings under the inbox. I'm running DS 42 Blur and of course I'm rooted. I don't know if it makes any difference, but my Hotmail is setup as my default account.

joe.bob

Reaction score
My hotmail account is not my default, I love gmail. I honestly don't ever remember looking through those settings before I flashed liberty and really started exploring. Could be the aosp email app in liberty, don't know if that's what ds has or not. Other than that I'm not sure

torkieb

Reaction score
Hotmail shows only In Box

Hi,
How do I get to compose a new email? At the moment email icon takes me straight in my hotmail inbox. I can see mail and respond,forward, delete etc. But can't figure out how to compose a new mail??

Also new to all this just got a 9.7" GOOGLE ANDROID 2.2 IMX515 8GB CAPACITIVE TABLET PC. need some help re a few things:
When typing, if I make an error can I not hold screen and hover over the area I want to correct (Like an iPhone)?
When camera is on if I hold tablet longways (not landscape) my image is up side down??

Any help is MUCH appreciated!:):):)