Delete stock messaging app?

CHONiS

Reaction score
Is there a way to delete the stock messaging app...??? I am using handcent and really like the customizable features. But I do not like that the stock app runs all the time. Or at least when Handcent runs. Is there a way to fix the issue or no?

Thanks in advance,
CHONiS

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I use Handcent. I did not delete or uninstall my stock app. Instead, I disabled the notifications of the stock app and it just sits there if I need a backup.

If you want to delete/uninstall I believe you need to remove the apk and I am not certain how to accomplish.

Mike

harrellj

Reaction score
I believe handcent uses features of the stock app (in the sense that the stock app will run in the background for handcent to use). Are you complaining about double notifications? If so, feel free to turn them off in the stock app.

OP
C

CHONiS

Reaction score
Ok. Thats all I did. Thanks guys.

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
This is correct. For example, delete the stock messenger and say goodbye to MMS. Handcent needs the stock messenger to work. Just disable the notifications and you will not even remember the stock messenger is taking up space on the "hard drive" and using memory.