Deerfield Beach? Please help.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well then yea, it's triangulating your location based on your local cell tower (that's providing your reception) unless you have GPS enabled it is NOT going to be accurate.
There are actually several different methods of determining location that can be used. Each differs in accuracy and some are prone to errors like this.

GPS on or off
If it happens with GPS on or off then your GPS receiver isn't getting a fix for whatever reason. There are a number of threads with suggestions for troubleshooting GPS.

Anticitizen

Reaction score
Ha! I'm actually in Deerfield Beach.

Maybe you should just send the phone to me :)

Anticitizen

Reaction score
Just north of Ft Lauderdale, Florida. East coast, 'bout 30 minutes from Miami.

marcogiudice

Reaction score
I just ran up to Verizon to see what they had to say. Of course I get there and the issue is no where to be seen. I had changed cell towers from my home to VZW and I think thats why I didnt get to replicate the problem. Anyway, the guy did a battery pull, then installed Advance Task Killer, why VZW employees want to hinder someones experience with a task killer is beyond me, but I humored him. Finally he writes the tech support number down in case it continues so I can get a replacement.

So no help or incite what-so-ever with Verizon employees. Go figure.
dude it sounds like the app ids whacky not ur software

marcogiudice

Reaction score
i live 20 mins north of deerfield beach in jupiter, fl. you should try doing a factory reset on the phone and if that doesnt do it then just get a replacement phone! or try an app called gps status, that works for me when my gps is off and needs to be re-calibrated