Decent spy app?

irritable

Reaction score
Long story short, my girl's little sister has been acting up and disappearing randomly. Her parents, who own the phone, want to install a tracking application - they also have the legal right to do so. I'm not here for a bloody parenting lecture, so don't tell me to take the phone away or use some good old-fashioned discipline, or whatever. It isn't my place to tell them how to parent their child, so if it's a tracking app they want, a tracking app they shall get.

I've looked at SMS Tracker, which doesn't seem to bother hiding itself. I've looked at Flexispy, and a few others. None of these apps list their prices, and most of them seem like scams. Is there any reputable one that you can recommend?

huskur

Reaction score
Lookout mobile app may be what you are looking for. You can tell by PC where the phone is with a couple of feet. Just make sure the phone has the GPS enabled for it to work.

smokeyrd

Reaction score
vipre has a decent AV app and it includes some spy-ish features but its easy to turn off those bits and the app advertises itself so it probably isnt the best "spy" app out there but it can track web history as well as texts and location

Edit: on the premium version ($10/year) you can, from the web page, disallow the user from changing the reporting settings for the app. This does not, from what i can tell, keep the user from stopping the app using something like ATK

Last edited:

itzjusmee

Reaction score
The "wheres my droid" app also tracks the location set off by a worded text of your choice which can be masked as a blank text i believe (or it doesnt show at all). You can also hide certain apps and lock them.

Drew_P

Reaction score
irritable said:
Long story short, my girl's little sister has been acting up and disappearing randomly. Her parents, who own the phone, want to install a tracking application - they also have the legal right to do so. I'm not here for a bloody parenting lecture, so don't tell me to take the phone away or use some good old-fashioned discipline, or whatever. It isn't my place to tell them how to parent their child, so if it's a tracking app they want, a tracking app they shall get.

I've looked at SMS Tracker, which doesn't seem to bother hiding itself. I've looked at Flexispy, and a few others. None of these apps list their prices, and most of them seem like scams. Is there any reputable one that you can recommend?

If you go to the website you can sign up for the invisible version that will not notify or show up on the spied on phone at all. You just have to download it to the phone you want to keep an eye on. Works great in my opinion with the sms, mms, internet logs, and gps tracking. Might consider taking another look at it. Just my two cents.

sent from my Rezound powered bolt of thunder!!!

ObieNobie

Reaction score
I believe the app phone control is what it looking for. I also believe that they have a hidden one you can download. I've never tried it myself but it seems to be what I would want to see what my daughter is doing.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

nubby

Reaction score
Lookout

Lookout mobile app may be what you are looking for. You can tell by PC where the phone is with a couple of feet. Just make sure the phone has the GPS enabled for it to work.

If you use lookout, make sure on the website you shut off email notification for when you locate the phone or she will get an
email everytime you hit locate.