Debloating The Note 5 With Package Disabler App

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

If you are able to root your Note 5 you can totally delete unwanted apps with titanium backup. The only problem with deleting apps completely is that this hinders you from receiving updates. You actually have to go out and reinstall those deleted apps before you will be able to accept an OTA. An easier way to clean up your bloated app is with an app called Package Disabler.

This app allows you to essentially freeze unwanted apps. This means that they are out of sight and out of mind. You won't be able to uninstall the apps, but that is fine since they will be present on your device and you will be ready for an update. The greatest feature of this app is that it doesn't require you to be rooted! Grab the app from the link below.

via Play Store

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Its like this app was sent to us by the Android gods. I had disabled apps on my phone already but they weren't disabled according to the app. I went back and they had reenabled themselves. I disabled a bunch of stuff, except for a few of the suggested bloatware items, and bam, all disabled. Definitely worth the $2.

Also, this looks like it renames them or something because in the Application manager, they don't show as disabled, they just don't show at all. Looks like it also uses Knox as the administrator of the device to do these actions. Its like they are using Samsung's own security software against them.

Perhaps the placebo effect, but my phone does feel a bit snappier. My wife's S6 Edge is slow as a dog, no idea what she does to phones but it needs a reboot every day to be fast again, I'm going to run this on it and see how it goes.