Dead?

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am still an avid liberty user. I always will be unless something better comes out which i dont know if you can beat the speed and reliability of liberty. Ive used since v1.0 or the beginning. Great Rom and had 2 great dev's. If you need any help on liberty just let me know. Are you still using the rom of all roms? Also its not ever gong to die over here on my end as i have the back up of each version of the rom saved haha

DC 1127

Reaction score
I follow jrummy on twitter and hes been doing a lot with apps and rom toolbox lately. He's said that hes going to start back on liberty so maybe we'll see something new soon but liberty is definitely not dead.

Liberated D2

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Great link jsm and jrummy has done some amazing work. I've caught myself comparing my work to his whenever I'm messing around on android devices. I'm not really close to his level of work but all I can say is thanks to him and his family for letting him persue his android dreams. I also follow Kejar on twitter but jrummy is more active in android. Not trying to hate just saying. anyways I'm always indebted to them as I have learned much and used their work for the past 2 years.

Thanks Jrummy!

Sent from my Liberated D2

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
No problem 252. And you hit the nail on the head with your 2 devs choices there. My 2 favorite froyo ROMs were put out by those guys and I still flash back to Gummyjar 2.5 and Liberty 2.0.1 from time to time. Unfortunately I am pretty sure kejar is with the charge now. I will definitely be looking forward to liberty's update, however, jrummy's apps are in my day to day android life so I cant complain too much at all.

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea jrummy's apps are also in my everyday use. Actually almost hour to hour use haha. Literally the truth though. I also believe your correct cause I think kejar is indeed with charge

GrandWazoo

Reaction score
I am still an avid liberty user. I always will be unless something better comes out which i dont know if you can beat the speed and reliability of liberty. Ive used since v1.0 or the beginning. Great Rom and had 2 great dev's. If you need any help on liberty just let me know. Are you still using the rom of all roms? Also its not ever gong to die over here on my end as i have the back up of each version of the rom saved haha

Do you understand what the op meant by 'dead'? Just because you have all the OLD versions of the rom doesn't mean you are keeping it alive. Dead means no more current development, not that there is no longer a fanbase. Given how long jrummy has kept us waiting, and that 0.9 has been out for multiple times longer than any other gb version, one had to assume he has given up on liberty. Especially since he is working in other apps and roms when liberty used to be the number one priority. Liberty is dead, get over it. 0.9 is still better than any other rom, you all just have to realize it's never getting updated to 1.0

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea I understood exactly what he meant. I follow jrummy for devolpement reasons and run quite a few of his apps. Liberty may not have a lot of new development or updates but jrummy will support it for the phone models who are currently running it. He's just not going to have it on any other models. He does have more current work which I'm sure is higher on his list than liberty is. Anyway liberty is dead to other phone models just not the ones who can run it

itsmontoya

Reaction score
Do you understand what the op meant by 'dead'? Just because you have all the OLD versions of the rom doesn't mean you are keeping it alive. Dead means no more current development, not that there is no longer a fanbase. Given how long jrummy has kept us waiting, and that 0.9 has been out for multiple times longer than any other gb version, one had to assume he has given up on liberty. Especially since he is working in other apps and roms when liberty used to be the number one priority. Liberty is dead, get over it. 0.9 is still better than any other rom, you all just have to realize it's never getting updated to 1.0

Unless you are the DEV, you aren't in a position to say that. What is with the negativity? This forum has always been about helping people out, not shooting down ideas.

I've tried MANY roms and I always come back to Liberty. I tried to give CM7 a good solid try, but I like Liberty better (stability, batt life, etc).

holmes6

Reaction score
I have no problem with people quitting dev or moving to some different device, that's their prerogative.
The problem is that these people claim that the next version is right around the corner, disappear, re-appear to say that the next version is indeed coming, then disappear again. Remember that these rom is sold behind a paywall. Call it what you want (donation), but when it comes down to it, this is a business selling products. I don't like doing business with people who make promises they can't or never intended to keep.

Real free software is not developed like this, but many here seem to treat these rom businesses with the same respect that they do actual community projects. IMO they are trying to have it both ways and you people are giving it to them.